Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ID cracked seat tube

6K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  Flyer 
rmac, maybe you are a saint...

rmac said:
Oso - your intention was to sink to the same level as Fred by opening up old T vs E wounds??? Ah well, I guess it is deserved...
i am not... if someone slaps me, i will not turn the other side to get slapped again... fred was out of line and you should school HIM for that...

agreed...

chad1433 said:
I'd have to agree. If he had a Lifetime Warranty on his frame, as most older frames were covered under, he should get a new Id front triangle. If they don't have one, he should be offered another frame. Any new frame would then be covered under the 2 year warranty. Eventually, they're just gonna have to face the fact that the old warranty will be around for a while and that every time someone has something like this occur, they face a wave of negative publicity, whether domestic or overseas.

Same with Zeb's issue. He shouldn't have to pay for a cracked chainstay if his bike is covered under the old warranty.
old warranty - he is entitled to full warranty, no questions asked...

...based on his comments???

rmac said:
Oso - Fred is not riding a Turner. He did for just a short time and it did not work out for him. No need to bash based on his comments.

E has really stepped up the CS in the last couple of years, hopefully we will see an appropriate resolution for camg.
i usually agree with you, but this time i cant.... doesnt matter if it was turner, i could have used any brand... this guy is self admitted whack job so it really is not relevant how we respond to his posts - mine was at the same level as his - which was my intention...

i personally dont care which bike/brand is deemed better - i like what i have and that is what counts... and you know that...

CRAZY FRED said:
Gee There's A Big Surprise>>>>>>>>
"I'm here to set the record straight,that it was just that bait(besides who and how would someone send me a picture of his bike)in fact I found it on a turner search.but that's not the point here.The point is this.

They call me CRAZY FRED and they do so for good reason,I AM A FU@KING NUT. And i'm all so alot of other things..."

Crazy Fred, July 30th 2006 on Turner forum...

my comment: no $hit Fred, no $hit...

here we go again...

camg said:
No this is no a hoax.

I am starting to think it is all just a bad nightmare and I will wake up in second (not a moment)
it is ok, Turner is better than Ellsworth... sure... no prob...

did you guys manage to rationally justify switch from ICT to TNT, other than Ellsworth is baaaaad and responsible for climate change among other things related to MTB world????

fred, there must be a good reason for your nickname...

we agree...

MagnumPI said:
I wasnt comparing suspension designs this time, just warranties. Which again, ellsworth comes a poor second best.

If this thread isnt a hoax then E agreeing it is an actual warranty repair and sending the bloke a second hand frame is extremely sad.

You have to admit that at least.
Ellsworth comes a poor second best. Happy?

I'd still by an Ellsworth over Turner any time. Sorry if it doesn't meet your approval...

from what little i know...

camg said:
Anybody got any comments
that is NOT a stress riser point on any of Ellsworth frames and i am pretty sure on ANY frame period...

i hate to say this, but i dont know how this would have happened if you had 10cm min of seat post in the seat tube...

do you have pics of your seat post with insertion marks on it???

i could be totally wrong - but you wanted honest opinion....

now, who made the decision that this is not a warranty issue?? LBS or Ellsworth...

try emailing Ellsworth these pics and ask for their opinion. you can find their email address at www.ellsworthbikes.com

why is it not a warranty issue???

camg said:
Having had a ID frame for just under 2 years I have found a crack in the seat tube just below the seat clamp and above the top tube. At present I am being told this is not a warrenty issue and I am wanting to know if anybody else has ever had a crack in the same postion and the outcome of this.

I am running about 120mm of seatpost in the frame so it cannot be down to this.

Having found the crack a month ago I am getting very feed up of the hassel.
do you have any pics???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.