Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
It should come over to the US, as they have the same for 2019.

I am kinda bummed because the alu 1s (across the board) are usually a dope build, but US doesn't get them. Though i work at a shop and get a discount, I am alway sad to see them not give the dope alu build to people who don't care/can't splurge for carbon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel you. So far the 2020 Giant line up is very conservative and quite disappointing. The 2020 Fathom is the most disappointing of them all and a step backwards imo.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer. The spec is ok. I would have preferred a Z2 fork over Gold 35 and a little more slack frame. Also, interesting that Giant stuck with a 31.8 handlebar. Will be interesting how it stacks up against competition. If Marin sticks with the specs it is claiming for the Hawk Hill, that is going to be the killer bike for 2020.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have news on the 2020 Giant Trance 2 being sold in the USA? I see that the Trance 3 has been on the USA site for over two weeks. I wonder if they will import it into the USA.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Gonna pickup a Trance 2 next spring... Either a 2019 if I get a good deal on it or the 2020.

I wonder who pics these color schemes. They're either "WOW!" or "BLAH". Would be nice if they did at least two color options. lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bummer. The spec is ok. I would have preferred a Z2 fork over Gold 35 and a little more slack frame. Also, interesting that Giant stuck with a 31.8 handlebar. Will be interesting how it stacks up against competition. If Marin sticks with the specs it is claiming for the Hawk Hill, that is going to be the killer bike for 2020.
Has anyone here ridden the Gold 35 fork? Is it OK? I am thinking about a leftover 2019 trance 2, but if I can't get one locally, I think I would go for the Trance 3 over the Trance Advanced 2. Do you guys think its worth the extra $1000 for the carbon frame and wheels? The rest if the specs between the carbon and aluminum bike look the same.

My LBS told me that the local rep doesn't know if the Trance 2 will be released in the US. I really want the 27.5 wheels, but I guess I will need to wait and see what the next few weeks bring.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am somewhat wondering the same thing. It is MSRP $1,050, plus tax.

Also different are:

35 mm bar and stem
saddle is SL version
brakes, MT420 instead of MT400

I am assuming that a determining factor may be if one intends to get a new bike within a couple of years or ride this one for several years. Also, does one intend to "keep it stock" or "upgrade over time".

Right now, there are:

Eight trail full suspension 29"

Five trail full suspension 27.5"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone here ridden the Gold 35 fork? Is it OK? I am thinking about a leftover 2019 trance 2, but if I can't get one locally, I think I would go for the Trance 3 over the Trance Advanced 2. Do you guys think its worth the extra $1000 for the carbon frame and wheels? The rest if the specs between the carbon and aluminum bike look the same.

My LBS told me that the local rep doesn't know if the Trance 2 will be released in the US. I really want the 27.5 wheels, but I guess I will need to wait and see what the next few weeks bring.
I got my Trance 3 five weeks ago. Front fork is really good . Long travel and adjustability. Love the Trance 3. Been riding it almost 4-5 times a week. Can only recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got my Trance 3 five weeks ago. Front fork is really good . Long travel and adjustability. Love the Trance 3. Been riding it almost 4-5 times a week. Can only recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's great to know. I have a pretty basic 2011 Specialized Rockhopper hardtail now with a Marzocchi front fork. It rides pretty nice, but I wanted to get a bike that is a nice little upgrade from what I have now. I didn't know I should get a bike with the RS Yari or Fox 34 fork, or if the RL 35 Gold is fine.

All I know is I am really excited to get a new bike!

·
Registered
96 Posts
From your user name, I would assume you already have a great bike, a Kawasaki! :)
I had Kawasaki's for ever, but I made the mistake of riding my brothers KTM 200exc for a lap around a really tough woods loop, and the kawi was sold within a week or so, and now I'm a KTMracer108, but all my user names are KXFracer, so it's kind of stuck! I would gladly buy another Kawi though. They are great bikes.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up a 2020 Trance 2 this spring. I thought, since my work has a nice health benefit, I figured with my benefit, I can probably get an Advanced Trance 2 instead, then I looked at the specs. For close to $1K (CDN) more you get Sram SX?! What a sham.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up a 2020 Trance 2 this spring. I thought, since my work has a nice health benefit, I figured with my benefit, I can probably get an Advanced Trance 2 instead, then I looked at the specs. For close to $1K (CDN) more you get Sram SX?! What a sham.
How bad is the SX Eagle? Can't you just put a NX or GX derailer on or is it the cog that sucks? Sorry to offer no help. Just something I am wondering as the trance 3 is my only giant 27.5 option in the states.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.