Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an updated pic of my Titan taken this afternoon. For those that didnt know it is the 18" version. Got to sit on it and it feels pretty nice, gotta lower the seatpost but still felt good. Updates from the bare frame are, pressed in the headset cups this morning with hammer and block of wood, hammered on the crown race onto the fork. (Bombshell Wicked Wendy) and then temporarily stole the nameless stem from my Trek 820 as well as the rear wheel so that I could ride it around a bit to see how it feels. I've got a green D-Wide coming for the rear as well as XT Crank/bb, LX shifters coming in the next week, so before long I'll have it actually rideable. Its lookin pretty sexy in straight black. So leave comments if you wish.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Here's an updated pic of my Titan taken this afternoon. For those that didnt know it is the 18" version. Got to sit on it and it feels pretty nice, gotta lower the seatpost but still felt good. Updates from the bare frame are, pressed in the headset cups this morning with hammer and block of wood, hammered on the crown race onto the fork. (Bombshell Wicked Wendy) and then temporarily stole the nameless stem from my Trek 820 as well as the rear wheel so that I could ride it around a bit to see how it feels. I've got a green D-Wide coming for the rear as well as XT Crank/bb, LX shifters coming in the next week, so before long I'll have it actually rideable. Its lookin pretty sexy in straight black. So leave comments if you wish.
Looks good, Tony.
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
mtnbike24_7 said:
Looks good, Tony.
looks cool. i like mine a lot. i just need to trim down the bars, get some lockons, and a front brake and it'll be sweet. heres a pic of mine.
 

Attachments

·
surf-ride-repeat
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
konabiker said:
looks cool. i like mine a lot. i just need to trim down the bars, get some lockons, and a front brake and it'll be sweet. heres a pic of mine.
Your's looks cool... I know I love mine... putting a new fork on it here in a couple of hours... an old/new DJ1 ... The Z1 ETA went on to my Dawg for XC ... I like the idea of having the 20mm deicated axle for jumping, etc...

I'll post an update when she's done...

COmtbiker, dude, get rid of that wack ass stem pronto :)

...just kidding man... no not really, get rid of it!

-P
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pdirt said:
Your's looks cool... I know I love mine... putting a new fork on it here in a couple of hours... an old/new DJ1 ... The Z1 ETA went on to my Dawg for XC ... I like the idea of having the 20mm deicated axle for jumping, etc...

I'll post an update when she's done...

COmtbiker, dude, get rid of that wack ass stem pronto :)

...just kidding man... no not really, get rid of it!

-P
It's getting replaced with the On-One Reetard or something when I get some money.
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
It's getting replaced with the On-One Reetard or something when I get some money.
you'll have to get something with a pretty low stack height. youve got like zero room in there.

looks like build is changing from your origional plans huh?
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think I have between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" of extra steerer tube so its gotta be pretty small but I figure I most likely wont run spacers anyways. Yeah its just a bit different from my original plans but oh well it'll be the perfect all around hardtail.
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
pdirt said:
Chad has some Hooligans left... hit him up, I got the oversized combo and it rules!
yeah, but the hooligan has a really tall stack height. its a super beefy combo though.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know how tall they are?
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Do you know how tall they are?
not sure as mine is at a freinds house, but it has 3 bolts to tighten it to the steerer, so that kinda gives you and idea.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pdirt said:
ABout 50mm

roughly 2 inches..

damn dude, that Wendy has a short ass steerer I just noticed... bummer.
Just measured it, I have about an inch and a half of steerer on top for a stem, would it be safe to run the SoulCycles one?
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Just measured it, I have about an inch and a half of steerer on top for a stem, would it be safe to run the SoulCycles one?
it could work, but i wouldnt do it. you probably wont get good tension in there. just find something smaller. look in to powertools, i run on one my stinky and its a lot smaller than the soul.
 

·
bored
Joined
·
168 Posts
I like the stem:D. That looks like a really cool bike--have fun ridin' it. Also, let us know how you like the Bombshell fork. I haven't heard much of anything about them.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im looking for the cheapest thing out there that is 50mm or less in length and is fairly light. Right now on my list are the On-One Reetard, Dangerboy Low Profile, Azonic 6Bolt(might be too tall), as well as Truvativ Hussefelt/Holzfeller as I can get them for cost. Would a Hussefelt fit? Im not sure of the stackheight on it....
 

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Im looking for the cheapest thing out there that is 50mm or less in length and is fairly light. Right now on my list are the On-One Reetard, Dangerboy Low Profile, Azonic 6Bolt(might be too tall), as well as Truvativ Hussefelt/Holzfeller as I can get them for cost. Would a Hussefelt fit? Im not sure of the stackheight on it....
the powertools i was talking about was 25 dollars at my lbs. milled out of a cnc block, its the shiz. 45mm too.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like I'll be getting a Funn Serial Killa stem.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top