Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trails out here are great right now, really smooth, really fast, about as good as they get. :thumbsup: :D

Cold cold cold at night if camping. :eekster:

·
Bandolero
217 Posts
Did the endurance series rout sat. The soil was a little soft some parts had a little sticky mud but not deep at all some snow plowing. was not bad over all.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last ride?

I love riding the woods deep into autumn, overcast skies, snow sifting sporadically, a general air of something in the wind, yet very intimate. Well apparently it was a snowstorm riding the wind, and as soon as I get the snow tires mounted on the truck I'm going up with the ski gear and bring the bike mess down the mountain. Official changing of the season at Cabin 34, McGaffey, Zuni Mountians.

Late breaking: Friend just stopped by, had been elk hunting (successfully too-- let me cut a fresh hunk out of a hind quarter :thumbsup: ) in the Zunis, said no snow yet up there but looking threatening... hmm, maybe the bikes should stay another week.

Anyone seen Venus?

Attachments

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
desert flower said:
Hope to see you at the cabin this winter. Give Iris a little ear-scratch from me!
Iris says thanks for the ear scratch. :yesnod:

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Timo said:
Hey Bill - I may be doing loops down your way soon enough...is HDT free and beautiful?
We have a little snow in Gallup but it's been pretty cold so not too much melting yet. I would think the trail is snowy but rideable. If it warms up it will be a little sloppy till all the snow melts. To be honest I have been xc skiing in the Zunis since it snowed on Monday, 7" or more at McGaffey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts