Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!!!

Just following culturesponge's idea, gonna talk to you a little bit about my current race wheelset.

After 6 months of waiting, i got my superlight Mack Hubs so YES, those hubs Mack is offering now on it's catalog were born because of a proposal i made to him! I didn't thought they were going to be that famous...well, at least the first pair ever build is mine :D :D

So my wheelset was build with:

- ZTR race 7000 rims (got them home for almost 1 year just to build this wheelset) that came at 279gr and 281gr

- Sapim SuperSpoke - i didn't weight them because i sent the rims and hubs to be laced by the best guy i know on building wheels: Robert Jungel from R2-Bike in Germany!

- Mack Superlight customized hubs that came at 81.8gr front one and 198.4gr rear one

And the wheelset with this pretty good weight of 1100gr

I've been riding them since October 2010 and so far so good! No problems at all! The hubs confirmed to be a great great choice! They spin so smooth..just like my olds American Classic! The freehub system is very similar to Tune Hubs and so is the freewheel sound!

The rims are great as everyone should know and the spokes make the wheel very stiff! When i built them i was at 82kg and rode them with no issues at all! Now i am at 76kg and the wheels are perfect as the first day!

Hope you guys like it! As you can see i have the wheels for 5months now but it seems like Mack hubs are having so much interest on that i thought it would be nice to share my feeback about them!

Cheers from Portugal

David

PS: sorry for having the pics each one at its size but don't remember where i put them on my pc so i had to pick them at some forums where they were!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Awesome :thumbsup:

Thinking of getting Mack's hubs as well. But the awaiting time is a bit scary.
Rims, unfortunately mother nature was too generous in my case...so not for me.

Guys, where do you get the superspoke from?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahahah what i can tell you is that the rims are away too stronger than you can imagine!

i rode them with 82kg+clothes (max weight 77kg) and had no problems at all!!! Anyway, if you are a "big" guy you might choose the Alpine's or Crest's as well!

About the hubs....i had to wait for 6 months but they worth every second i waited!

I got the superspokes (and lacing) at R2-Bike.de
It's a German shop, you can ask for Robert...he is a great great guy, i'm super you will get satisfied :)

Cheers and thanks to everyone for posting!

David

·
Registered
454 Posts
So these rims are fine when built up with hubs other than american classic/laserdisc lite? Stan's says he reccommends these hubs because of their flange geometry or something like that.

I have some DT 240 hubs lying around. Would these rims be fine built up with them? I only weigh 135 pounds.

I would use these for everyday riding as well as cross country racing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
David, my friend :) Sorry for a late response, I LIKE your super light wheels - great combination of lightest but steel realiable and not a crazy priced parts + R2-bike's build :)

Greetings,
Ohad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.