Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
speedgoat.com can build this wheelset for $606.05, here are the specs. (shipping is free if that matters)

26" rims
Stans Flows (white) 32 hole
Hope Pro II 32 hole 9mm QR (red) -- both front and rear
DT Swiss Competition spokes 14/15 gauge (black)
DT Swiss alloy nipples 14 gauge, 2.0mm (red)
3 cross lace pattern on both front and rear wheel

Doesn't specify whether they come taped and valved or not.

This is the best deal I have found for this wheelset. Can anyone who has used them for a wheelset give any input on the quality of their build?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
You might consider Hope Hoops, you can get them with Flows now, and it's way cheaper than what you're looking at. I think they're factory built and hand finished, so it isn't as good as getting the same parts built by a great builder, but they do have a good reputation as far as I know. You won't have as much color choice with the red nipples and what not, I think the hubs are black. You can buy them on CRC. You can also get CRC to build you a similar wheelset and have more color choice but it'll be somewhat more expensive (still cheaper than above probably though). Personally it doesn't seem worth paying hundreds of dollars extra to get red instead of black ...

Also check out the 'Where are the best deals' forum, I think there's a thread about a deal on Stan's wheelsets but they might be sold out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I used ghisallowheels in covina california. I had larry build me a set of hadleys laced to flows using dt swiss comps. It's a very nice set, he built for around 680.00. So I suspect the hope wheelset would be cheaper for him to build. You might wanna give him a call or shoot him an email. He's a good guy to deal with.

Larry Anderson
Ghisallo Wheels
http://ghisallowheels.com/
(626) 587 - 7532

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that info. I just shot him an email. I saw on his site he listed Hadleys laced to Arch's for $609, so I asked for a quote for the Hadley's laced to the Flows as well as the Hope's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
anesthesia-matt said:
speedgoat.com can build this wheelset for $606.05, here are the specs. (shipping is free if that matters)

26" rims
Stans Flows (white) 32 hole
Hope Pro II 32 hole 9mm QR (red) -- both front and rear
DT Swiss Competition spokes 14/15 gauge (black)
DT Swiss alloy nipples 14 gauge, 2.0mm (red)
3 cross lace pattern on both front and rear wheel

Doesn't specify whether they come taped and valved or not.

This is the best deal I have found for this wheelset. Can anyone who has used them for a wheelset give any input on the quality of their build?

Thanks!!!!
Got mine built by Chad at Red Barn for $540 shipped to my door!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered!!!

Hey monstertiki,

Talked to Larry yesterday and today. Went with the ZTR Flows (white) laced to Hadley hubs (red) with DT Swiss Double Butted Competition spokes (black), $666shipped:cornut: :thumbsup: :cornut: :thumbsup: . Should be here in 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, uber excited.

I'll post pics when I get them:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arrived today!!!

When I got home the brown santa sleigh (UPS) had been by my house and dropped off my new wheelset!!!:D :D

Stans ZTR Flow, laced to Hadley hubs with DT Swiss DB Competition spokes.

I'll get some pics up this weekend before and after getting them on the bike.

Thanks to monstertiki for the recommendation to Ghisallo Wheels and THANKS to Larry Anderson at Ghisallo Wheels for the awesome wheelset and awesome customer service. Here's his contact information for anyone interested:

Larry Anderson
Ghisallo Wheels
http://ghisallowheels.com/
(626) 587 - 7532

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.