Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was thinking to build a set of wheels using ZTR Flow rims (actually I don't know if Arch would be better for me but I think I'll go for the rugged Flow, since they're quite light ;)). I wonder if I someone managed to run non ust tires on them using just yellow tape: I got a few tires laying around (Maxxis Minion DHF and Highroller single ply, Schwalbe Big Betty and Schwalbe Fat Albert) and I don't want to throw them away... Success stories?

Thank you!

·
Registered
471 Posts
That is pretty much what the Stans rims are designed for; running standard tires tubless with just the yellow tape. So far I have run the following tires tubless on my front Flow rim with no issues: Eskar 2bliss (UST bead), regular Nevegal 2.35 & 2.1 stick-e's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies, I should not have problems in using my tires.
I'm 170lbs (probably 185 dressed and with a full backpack) and I ride aggressive xc (rocky terrain, 3' drops): do you think I should save 50g per wheel and go with Archs or be conservative and use Flows? I was almost set on Flows but now I'm wondering if they might be overkill.

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
I just bought a Notubes 29'er wheelset at justridingalong.co.uk . Even though I ride XC and weigh 70kg's, I chose the Flows.

For me they are overkill, but they look wicked and my humongous Racing Ralphs 2.4 will fit the Flows better than the Arches.

JRA's tip for riding them tubeless with regular tires, yellow tape and Olympic valve: Use 2 layers of 25mm yellow tape instead of one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.