Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
bah!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Zorinsky lake (omaha, ne) is basically my backyard, but unfortunately, the trails are non existant on this lake. There are several great spots to build some nice long trails, but I want to do this legit and keep the trails around.

What is involved in getting permission to build trails around the lake? Anyone else interested in doing something like this? Most of the people I see around the lake are on hybrid / road bikes, with the occasional mtb thrown in.

I think we could make some killer trails around this lake, but I think getting permission to do so may be challenging. Any thoughts?

·
The Weatherman
304 Posts
phrac said:
Well, Zorinsky lake (omaha, ne) is basically my backyard, but unfortunately, the trails are non existant on this lake. There are several great spots to build some nice long trails, but I want to do this legit and keep the trails around.

What is involved in getting permission to build trails around the lake? Anyone else interested in doing something like this? Most of the people I see around the lake are on hybrid / road bikes, with the occasional mtb thrown in.

I think we could make some killer trails around this lake, but I think getting permission to do so may be challenging. Any thoughts?
You should probably contact THOR/ if you are serious about doing any trailbuilding at Zorinsky.

THOR is the IMBA organization for eastern Nebraska and they have experience doing exactly what you are asking about. Within the last 5 years they have opened three new trail systems (Manawa, Tranquility, and Jewel) and will be the best source of information for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.