Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I'd be interested to know how they "died". Did the hub give up? How long had you had them?

I picked up a pair last year here on the Classifieds for $175 and have really liked them. They stay true, take a hit, don't flex, and mounting up regular tires tubeless has been a snap even with just a floor pump.So I'm hoping they will last awhile.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The front one is actually still functional. The rear hub bearings began to fail, the hub essentially sealed itself up; getting it apart was a big deal, and parts for repair were not available.

·
You wanna go ridin?
297 Posts
That blows. So lets see:

Tubeless
disc
24 POE
~2000g set

I would lean toward Mavic 819 with Hope Pro 2 hubs. From Chain Reaction Cycles you could get them ~$420 last I checked with free shipping. Be aware of customs though-I just got tapped for $52 on a $400 dollar item. Hubs have long term proven reliability, are rebuildable, easy to get parts and they aren't expensive, easily maintained, and they're just solid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.