Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard anything of this? I was just looking around the ibex site. noticed 2007 everything, ecept the Zone ...2006 on sale, same with 2005 ...any one know if they aren't making them anymore? :(

·
Company CSR
1,027 Posts
todd_freeride said:
has anyone heard anything of this? I was just looking around the ibex site. noticed 2007 everything, ecept the Zone ...2006 on sale, same with 2005 ...any one know if they aren't making them anymore? :(
Yes, the Zone has been discontinued for 2007. We hope to have it back in our line-up for 2008, but it may take on a new mission. Frankly, as good as we think the 2005-06 Zones are, our sales volume did not live up to expectations (hence a few 2006's AND 2005's are still avialable).

I think the Zone will likely be reborn as a 6" travel heavy-duty AM / light FR bike with a significantly revised frame (and specs). It's still early in the game, but that is the way I'm leaning right now. A lot will depend on how the early frame development goes... and how the 5" Atlas is received. If it looks like we have room in our line-up (and additional production capacity), I'd love to see our high-end FS offering gel into a 4" XC/light AM (Asta), 5" middleweight AM (Atlas), and 6" heavy-duty AM/FR (Zone?)... in addition to our budget FS Ignition series (which is also slated for a new frame for 2008).

Regards,
Jack A.
IBEX Bicycles

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,806 Posts
ibexbikes said:
Yes, the Zone has been discontinued for 2007. We hope to have it back in our line-up for 2008, but it may take on a new mission. Frankly, as good as we think the 2005-06 Zones are, our sales volume did not live up to expectations (hence a few 2006's AND 2005's are still avialable).

I think the Zone will likely be reborn as a 6" travel heavy-duty AM / light FR bike with a significantly revised frame (and specs). It's still early in the game, but that is the way I'm leaning right now. A lot will depend on how the early frame development goes... and how the 5" Atlas is received. If it looks like we have room in our line-up (and additional production capacity), I'd love to see our high-end FS offering gel into a 4" XC/light AM (Asta), 5" middleweight AM (Atlas), and 6" heavy-duty AM/FR (Zone?)... in addition to our budget FS Ignition series (which is also slated for a new frame for 2008).

Regards,
Jack A.
IBEX Bicycles
any chance for the new zone to have adjustable travel from 5 - 7 or 6 - 7inches???

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Aww, I was always a big fan of the Zone :( Great build for the price.

The bright side is that if anyone can turn a slow selling line around, it's Ibex. Best of luck on the new design.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the old one was so hardcore. it will be a truly missed privelage to show people the bike, because it was so funny when they freaked out over the low pricetag and component lineup :eekster:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
thats ok...

todd_freeride said:
because I got one ;)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Leave us hanging why dont ya!!!!!!!!!

wickerman1 said:
because I got one ;)
You got one! Well what about it, what year, hows it ride and where's the pictures??? :madman: :lol:

Jake :ihih:

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mrpercussive said:
hey todd... how does the zone pedal?? Is it climbable?? Possible for me to build a sub 35lbs zone with my current parts? How heavy is the frame? Does Jack have any left over frames??? XD
the zone is very pedal-able. I dont know what current parts you have to put on it. mine weighs in at about 42 pounds. my guess is you could probably make it into 37 pound bike. without sacrificing strength.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,806 Posts
do you know how heavy the frame is??? i'm looking for a frame with more travel hopefully by sea otter but still one something i can take out to the occasional 30mile ride... lol

stuff i got on my bike now... dont mind the fork though... will be needing a new one with the frame anyways...

Manitou Black
Fox Float R
Front Avid BB7 w/ 180mm Galfer Rotor
Rear Shimano Deore m475 w/160mm Avid Rocktagon Rotor
Shimano LX Derailers & Shifters
SRAM PC991 Chain
Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR
RaceFace Evolve XC Cockpit
WTB Rocket V
Hand Built Rhyno Lite with DT Swiss Spokes/Nipples

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
Its still possible..

motormonkeyr6 said:
O no! I want to get a Zone... discontinued.. :( noooooooo. That just means that I'll have to buy one soon hehehehe
I believe you can still get (click>) The ZONEs But there not gonna last at the $ale price :thumbsup:

Happy shopping.

Jake :ihih:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts