Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has personal experience with the various levels of Zoic chamois? I have a pair of Ether shorts paired with the Essential chamois and I definitely noticed some discomfort near the end of a recent 2 hour ride. Are the higher priced ones (Premium/Ultra/Carbon) better or just different? It's going to sound stupid but I like the Zoic liners because they have the ability to be attached to the outer shorts. I have a pair of Club Rides that I like significantly less and one of the main reasons is the lack of that ability.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought 4 pairs of the Premium liners earlier this year and 3 pairs of Ether shirts to go with the. I'm a larger rider so I get more pressure in the seat area. They're great -- no problems of any kind. Go for it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I worked there for about a year before moving on to a dream job elsewhere. Essential liners are trash and extremely uncomfortable, Premium's are my favorite, Ultra's are decent, and Carbon and Carbon bibs are great for longer XC-style rides. I still wear all of the more expensive liners that I got when I was there, but got rid of the Essential's I had just about immediately.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have a Premium, its fine. Not great, not terrible. I paid 50 bucks at REI and think that was fair. I do not have Zoic shorts and have not attached the liners, nor have I ever had an attached liner save for an old REI set of shorts/liners that were super duper diaper-ey.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Premium, its fine. Not great, not terrible. I paid 50 bucks at REI and think that was fair. I do not have Zoic shorts and have not attached the liners, nor have I ever had an attached liner save for an old REI set of shorts/liners that were super duper diaper-ey.
This might also be that the other shorts I have don't fit right, but what I found with the Club Rides is that the liner stays up but the outer falls down. The Zoics just have 2 little snaps that connect the 2, they're not like the old shorts with the non-removable liner. It seems to make a difference.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You're not supposed to connect the shorts to the liner. I have Ether with essential. I wasn't crazy about the shorts at first, especially trying to put them on. Eventually I tried putting them on separately which was easier and also made them more comfortable while riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pro Coffee Drinker
272 Posts
You're not supposed to connect the shorts to the liner. I have Ether with essential. I wasn't crazy about the shorts at first, especially trying to put them on. Eventually I tried putting them on separately which was easier and also made them more comfortable while riding.

I have had multiple pairs of ZOIC ether shorts with the removable liners over the past 10 years and my mind is now blown.

-DS

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hmm, I had no clue! I guess I'll try that out. Still doesn't make my other pair better, unfortunately.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wanted to circle back around and note that I did my ride this morning with the liners not attached. Didn't notice a difference during the ride, and they were significantly easier to get on. Now I'm going to try to find some better liners!

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
Why would anyone want to attach their liners to their shorts? I never understood that.

Anyway I have two pair of zoic essentials and two pair of the ultra liners. The essentials are kind of like wet pizza boxes but I do wear them. I much prefer the ultra. I have one pair of the cheaper Pearl izumi select liners. I like those as much if not more than the ultra but I don't really care which one I grab.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.