Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.............just wanted to let everyone know, I finally got word that the TST/ TAS carts have finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now before you celebrate, total "dealer" cost on that upgrade (complete cart setup including caps & bolts...etc) will run $350!!!!!!!!!!! That is not MSRP. Basically around $150 less than the AM1 fork itself! WOW.......needless to say I cancelled that order & have decided to go another route. :mad:

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
That's mighty steep. I wouldn't be at all suprised if they upped the price when they realized all the potential calls they'd get from people wanting to stuff new rods in forks from the last three years.

Keep us posted Jnc.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
bigdrunk said:
At that price they are obviously more interested in selling their new forks.
What business isn't?

Rockshox doesn't even support forks older than 3 years, and if hippietech can't ghetto-mod something to work, you're SOL. Support for older manitous is sketchy at best as well. At least Marz has a pretty dedicated support team, I've gotten specific parts from them for shocks around 8 years old.

The price does sound steep, but I'd imagine it's not their intention to sell these to everyone that wants a "hop up", probably warrenty-stock is the main purpose. Also, I don't know if throwing a closed-TST catridge into a Z1 will ever be the best idea, the AM1 is an "all mountain" fork and not meant to take the same abuse as a Z1, it's also a closed cartridge. Is it going to take everything that Z1 will? At this point I love my AM1 but I wouldn't throw a TST cartridge into a fork that I was going to use like a Z1 or Z150.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.