Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it is my first year I was hoping to fit in 10 races (8x12 series, L2L and Squeezer). However, its just to damn fun to hold back. Can anyone tell me about ZM's Crank Cracker and/or Chain Breaker.

Have you raced in them before? What are the courses like? A lot of participants, talent level? ect. ect. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
thedumbopinion said:
Since it is my first year I was hoping to fit in 10 races (8x12 series, L2L and Squeezer). However, its just to damn fun to hold back. Can anyone tell me about ZM's Crank Cracker and/or Chain Breaker.

Have you raced in them before? What are the courses like? A lot of participants, talent level? ect. ect. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am also curious to hear about these events.

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I have a little more information regarding these races.

Last year was the first year that they were run and they had 120 people out, althought they do expect more this year. The race is your choice 10, 20 or 30 km so its suitable for many different talent levels. The track is 5km loops.

It is ran in Crother's Woods which is apparently a popular spot for riders in downtown T.O. The Wiki page is here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crothers'_Woods

Its a young race but Ziggy said hes ran races in many different places. Has anyone ridden this area before?

Sorry to bother ya'll with these inferior races after what seems like an amazing 24h soltice. I'm very jealous. Hopefully in August...we'll see.

·
More than a little slow
654 Posts
thedumbopinion said:
Sorry to bother ya'll with these inferior races after what seems like an amazing 24h soltice. I'm very jealous. Hopefully in August...we'll see.
Information doesn't bother us, brother dumb, and no race is inferior, just different. And August is coming soon...

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
are you out of your mind?

you are quickly becoming a post whore, which was so unthinkable just last week.

by the way, if you do post, which seems to be given now, post something which makes sense. will you please?

by the way, did you sleep through the rain at summer solstice??? how could you let that guy win? your wake up clock broke down?

dskunk said:
Information doesn't bother us, brother dumb, and no race is inferior, just different. And August is coming soon...

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
Crothers Woods is basically the Ridge in the Don Valley. It is mostly very fast with a couple of tough-ish climbs. It's fun. There was some skepticism from the locals some of whom thought Ziggy was encroaching on their turf but my understanding is that last year's event went of pretty well. The Don is a great trail to ride if you've never done it... very distinctive... masses of off-camber... some wide superfast sections... a bit of steep tech here and there... and a funny urban vibe. Go for it.

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is anyone considering this? I'll make my decision tomorrow but I'm leaning towards yes. I'm also leaning towards the fact that I will come in last. Maybe OCA is a little over my head. Meh whatever. I'll preride then decide on a distance.

More information, including a course map, is posted here.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
thedumbopinion said:
Is anyone considering this? I'll make my decision tomorrow but I'm leaning towards yes. I'm also leaning towards the fact that I will come in last. Maybe OCA is a little over my head. Meh whatever. I'll preride then decide on a distance.

More information, including a course map, is posted here.
I'll be racing it.

Don't worry about your level. Every time you race you will get a little bit better.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I appreciate your decision not to support this event due to the uncertain conditions. "Rain or shine" is a kick in the head to local riders who have been riding under the shadow of possible trail closures in Crothers' woods since the mid 90's. On one hand, cyclists have to live with the eco-mantra "The damage! the horror!" coming at them from so-called stakeholders who do no work on the trails, while on the other hand consultants and contractors are paid by the city to get cyclists to (re)build trails for free, after which the city issues race permits for cash. There's definintely issues here, I urge everyone who's racing this year to get up to speed with the local situation, thanks.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
I doubt the race wouldve even affected the Don much had it even rained hard the night before and the race still went on. Sure they wouldve caused some ruts and whatnot but nothing much different then everyone else that does ride in the Don after a rainfall or when the ground is still soft/tacky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.