Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
Saw that too

I noticed the same last night, and it is real tempting. I can get the zion and a King Headset (free shipping on both) for the same price as the kona unit or explosif frame (with shipping) from bikeman. Tempting, but can I convice my wife that I really need a dedicated ss frame even though I haven't sold my other bike to finance it? W'ell see! ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just got a brand new one off of ebay for $200 buy it now....should be here on monday...
I'll post some reviews on the board....The workmanship looks really good in the pictures..

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Jefficus said:
Jenson has Zion EBB's on sale for 299 and free shipping. I thought that at $425, there were better values out there, but 300? Hmmm...
I contacted Jenson about those frames a while back. Apparently a 2.3" tire will just barely fit. 2.1" max if you need room for mud.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i was surfing jenson also, and saw the sweet price on the zion. my prob is that the head angle is at 71.5 based around 80mm. i currently ride a cannondale (70 degrees), and if i use a surly fork on the zion it'll swing it closure to 72 degrees..i'm thinkin that's getting slack..

your thoughtss?

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi, i am pretty new around here... what are the zion ss frames like? Also what are the Soul Cycles Hooligan frame like?

I am just searching to build up my own single speed and am just hoping someone has some thoughts... sorry for the thread hijack.

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
halfinch said:
i was surfing jenson also, and saw the sweet price on the zion. my prob is that the head angle is at 71.5 based around 80mm. i currently ride a cannondale (70 degrees), and if i use a surly fork on the zion it'll swing it closure to 72 degrees..i'm thinkin that's getting slack..

your thoughtss?
If you use a shorter fork, the HA will get steeper. If it is too steep, you could try an Instigator fork.

·
Registered
129 Posts
TheSingleGuy said:
If you use a shorter fork, the HA will get steeper. If it is too steep, you could try an Instigator fork.
understood. didnt want to get another fork, as the new surly is sitting there waiting to be loved..

the hooligan looks decent, will have to take another look, specially with the fork included..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Which surly?

halfinch said:

your thoughtss?
Which Surly fork? I thought the 1X1 fork axel to crown was around 413 mm, which should not rake out the frame too much. The axel to crown on the instigator is more like 440mm. You could call jenson and ask them what axel to crown they recommend.

Soul cycles can be found at ridesoul.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.