Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm borrowing my friend's Zig Zag for a while. Just thought I'd share this piece of history. He had foes make this one for him after they quit offering the zigzag, if I'm not mistaken.

She's a bit heavy but handles great. I like the carbon Bombshell fork too, but sadly it's no more either.

I forgot to put the seatpost down before taking the pics. Oops.:madman:

You can see the other photos here: http://community.webshots.com/user/ejcloney

Attachments

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
789 Posts
I always liked my Foes FS. The hardtail like yours I always thought looked funky with no seat tube.
Is it a loud frame (monocoque)? Mine made all kinds of noise over rocks or if the rear brake line smacked the frame.

Nice history though, cant seem to find those used anywhere now, hold on to it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely an interesting design. As far as being loud, I think foes welded a pickup and speaker to the frame somewhere. The chain roller knock is amplified to the tune of maybe a chainsaw and any time you're on the brakes lightly, i.e. sitting at a stop for some reason, the brakes moan which just resonates through the monocoque like a church bell. I love the thing.

I'm in the process of getting a Foes Predator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.