Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Dude Abides
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I used to work with said him and his buddies used to shuttle from Zig Zag to the Timblerline parking lot and then take the glade trail back to Zig. Has anyone done this before or have anything they can tell me about it, or show me in person? Is the trail well marked?

Happy trails,
Eric

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Done that many times. Glade trail starts out to the west of the lodge. Another access point is just west of the Stormin Norman ski lift lower station. Ride down Glade keeping to the right at the split in the trail. Just past the split there is a trail junction with Crosstown trail. Turn right on Crosstown. Follow Crosstown and keep right at the next junction ( I forget the name of that trail Wally's tie maybe?). Soon the trail will come to a road/parking area. This is the start of Pioneer Bridle trail. Follow this down the hill until you come out to a crossing of Hwy 26. Cross the highway and the trail picks up again and runs roughly parallel to 26. Follow this into Tollgate campground. Tollgate campground is just outside Zigzag. Jump out on 26 and go into Zigzag and treat yourself to DQ!

·
100% Cheesy Goodness
489 Posts
Vancbiker said:
Done that many times. Glade trail starts out to the west of the lodge. Another access point is just west of the Stormin Norman ski lift lower station. Ride down Glade keeping to the right at the split in the trail. Just past the split there is a trail junction with Crosstown trail. Turn right on Crosstown. Follow Crosstown and keep right at the next junction ( I forget the name of that trail Wally's tie maybe?). Soon the trail will come to a road/parking area. This is the start of Pioneer Bridle trail. Follow this down the hill until you come out to a crossing of Hwy 26. Cross the highway and the trail picks up again and runs roughly parallel to 26. Follow this into Tollgate campground. Tollgate campground is just outside Zigzag. Jump out on 26 and go into Zigzag and treat yourself to DQ!
do everything he said, but dont cross the HWY. It suuuuucks. bumpy, flat, and baseball sized rocks to torment you. besides you can really haul some @$$ coming down the road. Last time i did that i pulled a 10 sec manual at full speed just off the white line, that was fun, just gotta watch for cars. Ususally when we did it, we would park right where the trail comes out of the trees and onto that big gravel chain up area. That way it takes less time to get back to the top. I think that there is a campground in there somewhere. Also a group of us will be doing our annual glade at the butt crack of dawn on the 4th of july. I think that we will be leaving town at like 4am so that we can see some of the sunrise, and get in 2 or 3 runs before its time to come back and light off illegal fireworks and grill up some food. that makes for a fun day of riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts