·
callipygian rondure
307 Posts
BEAUTIFUL build!

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Nice looking bike Bervin.

Does anybody have the current geometry and spec sheet for the Zeus? Please share if you do. Also, does anybody know the status of the updated El Capitan that has been talked about?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It’d be really cool if ventana did a new el Rey 29er with similar geometry to the new top fuel of spot ryve. Seems like that could be in their wheelhouse (and it’s the type of bike I need!).

·
Registered
83 Posts
What is the total weight of your build? What fork and wheels are you running? I'm contemplating building a Zeus and would love to keep it under 30lbs without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Should be easy to keep under 30lb... I have a 23" El Cap front end with a 27.5 Zeus back end (aka El Chucho!) and it weighed in right at 30lb on the digital scale at the LBS. They were surprised :) Nothing too fancy for the build 1x11 Shimano, Stans rims, Thomson Dropper post, fox 36 and Cane DB inline Air, etc. etc.

Got the bike in 2018 so not sure what the current frame is like compared to what i got... pull the trigger :)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You know they build custom bikes right? :confused:
Sure, but AFAIK, their rear end still has main pivots set up for old 2X & 3x cranksets. In my view, that was a big stiffness improvement when bike designs went 1x only and allowed the bearings on the main pivots to be spaced farther apart. That was a no-go for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts