Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ride On!
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Anyone know what the size of the Rockshox Bar 2.1 is on the Zeppelin Elite?? I looked over the shock and could not see any size markings - thx

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hi, Anyone know what the size of the Rockshox Bar 2.1 is on the Zeppelin Elite?? I looked over the shock and could not see any size markings - thx
Eye to Eye is 190mm.

Hope that helps,

Jeremy

·
Ride On!
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool.. thanks as usual Jeremy :) I have a chance to pull the trigger Rocksox Monarch RT3 or RC3 at a good price, but both are 200mm x 57., is the extra 10mm going to cause problems with geometry or can is negligible with adjustment through sag ?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Cool.. thanks as usual Jeremy :) I have a chance to pull the trigger Rocksox Monarch RT3 or RC3 at a good price, but both are 200mm x 57., is the extra 10mm going to cause problems with geometry or can is negligible with adjustment through sag ?
No problem.

I don't really recommend a longer than spec'd shock eye-to-eye. While you can make it fit it does mess with geo and may cause undue strain on the frame/mount points.

Can you find a 190mm instead?

Jeremy

·
Ride On!
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem.

I don't really recommend a longer than spec'd shock eye-to-eye. While you can make it fit it does mess with geo and may cause undue strain on the frame/mount points.

Can you find a 190mm instead?

Jeremy
Thanks, the reason I am asking is that there is a couple of them brand new(?) on Sacramento's Craigslist for $120.00, for now my Bar 2.1 is working fine :) , just when I see deals like this, it makes the gear head in me hungry.

Here's the link in case anyone else is interested:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts