Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting from Denver and I have two days left to ride. I rode Church Rocks on the 23rd and 26th since it has been wet. I'd like to ride something different today and tomorrow that has dried up. I was thinking Zen or JEM.

If anyone would like to join me, I'm a 50 year old (winter weight carrying) guy who loves to ride.

Mike LeBlanc 720-220-7578.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not get out this afternoon with remote work issues. I guess it's Paradise tomorrow. When I rode Church Rocks I met a cowboy coming our just past the 1st large double ledge. His horse really tore up the trail.

·
I'd rather be biking...
937 Posts
Spring and fall is a great time, summers (may-aug) it gets pretty hot, so early morning rides are about it unless you enjoy riding in 100+ weather. March, April and early may are a great time to visit in spring and Fall would be sept through mid november. The winters are usually dry down here except this year, we have had some snow on the ground for most of the trails the last few weeks. Its mostly dried out now though and weather is actually really nice. Temp was in low 50's

·
Registered
134 Posts
Most stuff has dried out but another trail to try when wet out is pioneer rim. It's got to be 90% rock so I think it would handle water pretty well.

**shelbster15** are you riding it after dark with lights?? I ride that at night quite a bit as I live just off snow canyon. Is a fun trail.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Zen and Barrels were both good when I was there earlier this week (29-30th)...... especially if you get out early before the freeze/thaw..... thaws. Even later in the morning or afternoon they were pretty good for the most part with only a few softish spots (NO mud sticking to tires and no ruts... just a bit soft).

I rode Cowboy trails in Vegas on the 31st and it was good to go until you got up towards the overlook and the sun had thawed things out. Everything else was packed and tacky good.

Ride report here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.