Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

would there be some problems running Zee brakes with Formula 1-piece rotors? Are rotors the same thickness or is Formula to thick for Zee calipers? what about the power?

thanks

regards

·
Registered
33 Posts
How is your feeling with those rotors? I had my Zee´s with a XT Ice tech Rotors, but since i changed my wheelset i started to get a noise on both, i never had any kind of issue before, i talked with the mechanic who change it and he did not suggest to me cleaning pads or rotors like using sandpaper, he told me thas using them will clean them, but sometimes the noise disappear but get back, i´m considering change the rotors, but not sure what to choose and get a good service specially on the noise section...

Hope can hear back your toughts about it

Sincerely

Sergio

I think you will be fine. I run Zees with Magura Storm SLs that are a fraction of mm thicker than Shimano rotors and I have not a slightest issue with them. The Zees are absolutely fantastic.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in case of Formula rotors...i didn't try it, because i didn't buy the bike i thought i will buy. now i don't know if it is worth to change normal Shimano RT-66 with Ice-Tech RT-68. i have around 160lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.