Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am considering going with a zee rear derailleur and shifter. I would like to run a spider less crank with a spider less chain ring. what crank and cassette are you running?

sram x7 crank, sram 10sp cassette and chain? or something else?

I am not looking for weight weenie parts but value durability and price.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've been happy with my Zee derailleur. I went with the Saint shifter though. It allows two upshifts with a forward push, while I don't believe the Zee shifter does.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Nater that is the reply I was looking for. Is anybody running a x7 spider less

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I run a Zee rear mech and it's been great. I run it with a Saint shifter, but XT/XTR/Saint are all good choices (i personally think it's worth spending more on the shifter).

XT rear cassette is a great deal. I'm a big fan of KMC chains for the money. Shimano are also good. SRAM chains do not do well in the tests that i've seen (they stretch quickly).

My setup is: Zee rear mech, 11-36 XT cassette, KMC chain, M960 XTR cranks with a Wolfstooth narrow/wide. Couldn't be happier!

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
I've been happy with my Zee derailleur. I went with the Saint shifter though. It allows two upshifts with a forward push, while I don't believe the Zee shifter does.
This. Saint is the best shifter on the market. Nicer levers than XTR.

Zee with 11:36 (it will do 11:40 with a conversion ring if there is not too much chain growth), saint shifter, new version of XT chain, race face narrow-wide ring - perfect 1x10 drivetrain for me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know you guys are talking about the Zee RD, but anyone have the Zee crankset? I'm looking for a new 1x10 to replace my stock FSA junk.

·
Do it for Deegan
109 Posts
Just installed mine. No ride yet though. its a raceface dues crankset with a raceface N/W single chainring. KMC gold chin with a shimano xt 10 speed cassette and the zee shifter and RD

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anybody put a 39t with a zee rear derailluer ? If so, how does it work?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I know you guys are talking about the Zee RD, but anyone have the Zee crankset? I'm looking for a new 1x10 to replace my stock FSA junk.
I've had a Zee crankset on my Surly for about a year. It's held up to everything I've thrown at it and then some. I would recommend. Only downside is that it's a bit heavy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts