Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up this frame, components are mine

looks good and everything, original owner said it is a 2000 zaskar, I had quite a few zaskars and I thought one way to prove it was a zaskar was the flat end at the top tube tube near the seat post?

it does have 7005 E stamped on the front of the top tube and the right side, Stickers look legit, but it seems it remind me of my old 02 avalanche which I showed a pic of,

I saw one of these for sale on ebay to and my mouth did not water when I saw it for sale either.

Just wondering, I don't give it the props it needs of being a real zaskar yet.

if it is a zaskar, why did gt make the back top tube round like the lower models?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I believe it is a lesser model.
Note the rust on the front hub and QR skewer. The brake lever/shifter group seems to be Suntour similar to those found on my 2005 Avalanche 3.0. Those are some pretty low level parts to building a Zaskar with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks for the response, but the components are from my 07 avalanche, I am just asking about the frame? I just upgraded to the zaskar frame but I never seen this paint scheme either.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've only seen 'team issue' zaskars with a rounded stamp on the top tube. Post up the serial number on the bottom bracket or rear stays. Someone here might be able to interpret.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

here is the serial number

mt00401213

let me know, should I give it the zaskar love it deserves or just treat it like an avalanche?

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
What you have there is a 2000 Zaskar frame the first Zaskar to be built off shore...made in Taiwan. They have always been the least collectible of Zaskars. Note the catalog page from the 2000 catalog...it's the bike on the left and was also sold in your color...Billet/Blue. It is the only Zaskar on three pages of Zaskar's (Zaskar LE, Zaskar X and Zaskar) in the 2000 catalog that does not say Made in the USA in the catalog. The Easton 7005 tubing was made in the US but the frame was welded in Taiwan. The ever popular Yellow and Blue LE frames from 2000 and th Zaskar X were made in the USA...the plain Zaskar was not. In keeping with the tradition....curved top cap is made in Taiwan, flat top cap made in the USA>

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thanks for the info, so its just like a zaskar le blue and yellow but just made overseas? i think that model was 6061, is 7005 heaver?

I like it but not like I should

I had the zaskar team blue and yellow and boy was that a nice frame, I feel sorry I sold it

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
joyride153 said:
thanks for the response, but the components are from my 07 avalanche, I am just asking about the frame? I just upgraded to the zaskar frame but I never seen this paint scheme either.
From your initial post I thought you were in the market to buy the bike shown by the trash can from someone else, not that you already bought the frame and built it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts