Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep see if you, Zach, are a man of your word.

My Fox DHX 5.0 is broken already.......the bottom out adjustment dial won't turn....man I can't even get a ride and the thing is trash

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
taht wouldnt be the first one ive noticed doesnt turn. my friends DHX doesnt turn easily, you apparently can use a 4mm allen key do to it, but idk how that will work.

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
Ska-T said:
I think i read on their site that ya gotta let the air outta the chamber first. Mine wouldn't turn either, until I did that. Then it turns perdy easy.
Thats also what i read. I was reading over an owners manual and it said failure to do so may cause damage?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
smt... didn't he say he'd give it to you if you blew a seal out? i think that is what he said. not break it, but blew out a seal. each way. you should have known better.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Very true.

ebxtreme said:
The bottom out knob is super tight on those. Use a 4mm allen key in one of the sideholes on the knob to turn it. Doing it by hand will not work.....I can tell you from experience.

EBX
You can't get the dial to move without loosening it, and then if you leave the set screws loose enough to the turn the dial while you ride it, the dial rattles. Not a big deal, but you basically have to carry a 4mm allen until you get it set to where you want it. Or you remove the dial collar...it doesn't have to be on there...and put it in your Camelback and only use it when you need to do an adjustment...which is seldom once you get it dialed in.

G

·
ibanezrg520kid said:
you aren't making 50bucks when you loose a shock...
thats why I said in a VLT addicts mind (video lottery teller)
Bubbles:
"I dont get that Ray, he sticks 200 f_cking bucks into that crazy machine, out comes 60 and somehow he thinks he's ahead"

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Keep air in it.

Ska-T said:
I think i read on their site that ya gotta let the air outta the chamber first. Mine wouldn't turn either, until I did that. Then it turns perdy easy.
I think they state to keep 125psi maximum in the boost chamber when adjusting the volume knob. This keeps the internal pressure from exceeding the recommended maximum when closing down the volume. Minimum is 75 psi and 200 psi is maximum. A DHX shouldn't be cycled with less than 75 psi in the boost chamber.

I don't understand how SMT could've missed this stuff. I'm sure he read the owner's manual from cover to cover...LOL!:D

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,775 Posts
Read the manual.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
thank you for reveiling your utmost stupidity and senseless rage against fox racing shox.

READ THE MANUAL DIPSHIZ........

You will actually harm the shock if you adjust the bottom out when there is over 125 psi in the chamber.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.