Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a forum search for what oil level to run, but I was wondering if Marz. has an online setup guide or such. I was curious as to what springs were available and any other info. My older z1 had an online listing of what springs and oil heights worked for different weights of riders... but the z150 seems to be lacking any such documentation. The manual is rather weak.

Two more things...
1. what shock pump is best to use with these forks? Mine currently reads to high to be useful (I need something that reads accurately in the 10-20 lb range).

2. My rebound top cap spins freely in place... my older z1 at least had some resistance to movement. Is this normal?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bullrider said:
So I did a forum search for what oil level to run, but I was wondering if Marz. has an online setup guide or such. I was curious as to what springs were available and any other info. My older z1 had an online listing of what springs and oil heights worked for different weights of riders... but the z150 seems to be lacking any such documentation. The manual is rather weak.

Two more things...
1. what shock pump is best to use with these forks? Mine currently reads to high to be useful (I need something that reads accurately in the 10-20 lb range).

2. My rebound top cap spins freely in place... my older z1 at least had some resistance to movement. Is this normal?
I was having trouble with my ETA on my 02 150 so I emailed Marz about oil level and they came back with 50mm. Elsewhere I've read more like 60mm being the right number.

I'm around 165 and I run ZERO pressure in the air cap. Any amount of pressure makes the fork too stiff for my liking. Maybe if I wanted to drop something really big I might put in 5 psi and like you said it's hard to read that on a standard shock pump.

I snapped a rubberband over my rebound cap so it sits between the cap and the crown. That holds the rebound knob in position really nice. Without it, it spins way too freely.

danno

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip... thanks

I'll try the rubber band trick tonight. Simple solution (I like simple things) ;)

I am a bigger rider (225+ gear) so the air assist works well for me. just need to find a better pump...

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
Bullrider said:
I'll try the rubber band trick tonight. Simple solution (I like simple things) ;)

I am a bigger rider (225+ gear) so the air assist works well for me. just need to find a better pump...
I wish they would have just included a pump. It doesn't make any sense for these companies to sell $650 forks and then make you pay extra for a pump that is a pain to track down.

·
Registered
86 Posts
marzocchi makes a pump just for that...

Bullrider said:

ranges from 0-100psi, and is just for what you need it for.. I assume you can get it from marzocchi.com ? I just got a Z1 Dropoff 1, and am just using a regular shock pump. If u use a 300psi pump be careful.. mine doesnt start reading till 10psi, which is kinda a pain, but i dont really mind. If you use a regular shock pump, just make sure you know what PSI it starts reading at so you dont blow anything.

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Or a Buzzy's Pollinator

k2bikeman498 said:
ranges from 0-100psi, and is just for what you need it for.. I assume you can get it from marzocchi.com ? I just got a Z1 Dropoff 1, and am just using a regular shock pump. If u use a 300psi pump be careful.. mine doesnt start reading till 10psi, which is kinda a pain, but i dont really mind. If you use a regular shock pump, just make sure you know what PSI it starts reading at so you dont blow anything.
This is another 100 psi max pump that several wholesalers like QBP can supply to your LBS.

·
Registered
619 Posts
rock shox pump

My old MAG 21 pump is perfect. It can gauge increaments starting @ 1 pound. Perfect for the z150 FR and the rest of the Zocchi's equipped with air cap preloads.

I was lucky enough to have the still have the pump laying around. Don't know if there still available but there were everywhere back in the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts