Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing google searching isn't being a ton of help.

What is the best way to preferably get directly from YVR to Whistler?

Some of the better options look like we would have to take a train into Van and then transfer etc to get on advertised shuttles.

TYA

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ridebooker aka whistler shuttle

Whistlershuttle.com

They do airport straight to your accommodation in Whistler, sometimes a stop in Dt van but usually not. Can take bikes for a fee I think.

Your right that there's other options that do like downtown Vancouver to Whistler, or airport to whistler village but then you have to get wherever you're staying.

Obviously the best way is to book a helicopter, private SUV, limo etc but that's your best bet with a shuttle of some kind.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I will look into it.

There are definitely "private shuttles" from the airport but they are like $450

I can only imagine how cool a hell ride or small plane to whistler would be.

So let me rephrase, best way for a normal person on a normal budget to get to whistler :p

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheapest would be Epic Rides, but you'd have to take public transit from YVR downtown (Canada Line to Waterfront, then get on the Expo/Millennium line and ride back one station to Burrard) to transfer to the bus. Depending on luggage and time of day that could suck or it could be no big deal (rush hour would be horrible).

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
Likely cheaper and less headache to rent a vehicle in that you can load your stuff into the rental vehicle at the airport and hit the road. Just don't even try to make it from the airport through to the North Shore bridges between 3PM and 6:30PM, you're just going to sit in traffic. Assuming there's no crashes on the sea-to-sky highway, once you get past Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver it's a 1:45-2:00 hour drive to Whistler. Stop in Squamish for food so you aren't driving hangry for the next hour.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Car rental might be cheap if you get a deal, but if you are staying at a hotel factor in $20-40 a night for parking. Busses can use a priority lane on the Lions Gate bridge which cuts down on some traffic risk but yeah if you are returning to YVR for a flight, especially on a Sunday, give yourself 3.5 hours for the trip (which is normally 2ish hours), traffic volume results in delays south of Squamish.

Going north to Whistler village is fine besides Friday afternoons. Horseshoe bay to Whistler is more like 1h20m in normal conditions.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
what about revelstoke? would I arrive at Kelowna airport and drive to revelstoke?
does revelstoke have execellent trails like whistler
do I need DH bike?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts