Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm how far behind?
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20140426_084717[1].jpg Cleaning out my garage and found this blast from the past. 20140426_084737[1].jpg

They rode about as good as they look. Horrible on dirt, slightly less horrible on snow.

Now we can return to the regularly scheduled bickering on which hub standard is best, which tire size will allow me to ride pow, and which frame can fit which fork.....

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
Now we can return to the regularly scheduled bickering on which hub standard is best, which tire size will allow me to ride pow, and which frame can fit which fork.....[/QUOTE]

I think things are going better lately.

·
This place needs an enema
15,700 Posts
View attachment 888588 Cleaning out my garage and found this blast from the past. View attachment 888587

They rode about as good as they look. Horrible on dirt, slightly less horrible on snow.

Now we can return to the regularly scheduled bickering on which hub standard is best, which tire size will allow me to ride pow, and which frame can fit which fork.....
Nice dredge, Jim!

Brings back fond memories of fixing a flat at 35 below outside of Ophir in '00, and having to get both (side by side) tubes aired equally as you brought it back up to pressure. Which meant moving the pump from one tube to another every ~1 psi or so, and periodically dropping everything to go run 500 feet up the trail to generate some heat...

·
I'm how far behind?
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These were the tires on a Moots fatbike I bought. The bike was Moots' first attempt at fat circa 2002? They were made in mexico for Remolino, paired with Remolino 80mm rims. Designed for sand, mine had motocycle tubes. They are briefly mentioned in the fat bike wiki section in the history.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts