Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My computer is still packed up in the move and all but my friends here in OH are asking all about whistler and what it's like. Any of you got some good photo's of the upper sections or lower double d's? Stuff like No Joke, In Deep, Clown Shoes, Joy ride, Schleyer, National downhill course etc.? I'm looking for some sick photo's that actually represent the true gnarcore of Whistler, not the crankwork stuff. Any of the gaps, the rock roll, the clown shoes bridge gappers to drop, rock ride, etc. Sorry I don't know the technical terms if they've named em but you know what I'm talking about...

Thanks if you got em and share em!

~O~hi~O~

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
hmm

yeah the fact they had a rescue backboard right next to it with an EMT (on the rare occasion it was open) was very unnerving................ supposedly they used that thing multiple times...

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
CraigH said:
The big rock roll (Manager) was closed most of the season due to the very high carnage factor. I'd heard rumours that they were going to rebuild it differently.

Found these pics above on this site:
https://leelikesbikes.com/Stories/080204/
Lots of other Whistler photos there.
Man that looks scary! But oh so fun. :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I've found already is below...I'm just looking for more pictures to get some guys from an Ohio mtn bike site stoked as a few of them are headed to Whistler this summer.

Oh and btw, they made that rock roll easier after some dude split his gut open on the wood plank doing a baseball slide, I guess it was pretty nasty but the dude lived. What I heard through the grape vine when I was up there last.

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's a few more, these aren't mine, so props to the photographer and rider. All my shots are on my computer that is boxed up in storage :(

Attachments

·
O~Hi~O said:
here's a few more, these aren't mine, so props to the photographer and rider. All my shots are on my computer that is boxed up in storage :(
here are a few...

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why did my mom move us away from the Pacific Northwest!?!? I remember when Whistler's bike scene was just getting started and my lil bro and I used to bike through the woods with our mouths open as people ripped it up on hardtails. Little did we know we'd be ridin' the same stuff one day...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
those pics look awesome...now lets see.....Hey Big bear.....if you built stuff like this you would be making a lot of money.

Do you here me Big Bear....you only have the largest population of Mountain bikers close by

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.