Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I had an old tool box lying around. Well, it's not old, it was just never used.
Bunch of compartments on the top, 2 slide drawers and a deep top lid.

I thought it'd be a good idea to turn it into a bike tool box. Something I can toss in the back of the SUV for repair and maintenance while on the road.

What do you suggest I put in it? Do you have one of your own?

So far, I've got pump, multi-tool, chain cleaning kit (the plastic brush thing and the degreaser,) chain lube, the appropriate sized wrenches, chain whip, a pair of inner tubes, valve caps, spare brushes, a tooth brush, tire patch kit.

Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
cone wrenches, ball bearings, grease, screwdrivers, allen wrenches, brake pads, cables, cable cutter, chain tool, and whatever larger parts that fit.

Multitools are for emergency use only, use quality tools when you can.

Dump the chain cleaner plastic thing, ineffective. I remove my chain, place it in a container, and shake it with several baths of detergent, solvent, WD40, then lube. With the chain off it's easier to clean the cog(s) and chainring(s).

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I have an empty metal box which I use as bike tool box. You can use any box as tool box as long as someone else in your family knows it is a bike tool box or else they may throw it into garbage. seriously!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.