Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have that one area we ride the most, our home hill. There seems to be a couple spots on the ride, that stand out the most.

Mine is this little scramble up a rock cap, staircasing off the other side into the deep woods.

Where's yours?

Attachments

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Here in vegas it is a hill on a trail called techno. Its steep with a few rocky sections, then right as your legs and lungs are burning it levels out. Then climbs again, similar to the first but a little shorter. You are rewarded with this:

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
I thought a bit about this. This spot is not actually that close to my humble abode, but it is a place I would gladly call "my spot". Its at the end of a grueling ride. To get to it you have to do a hike a bike up a steep rocky slope. Once up top, its nothing but a nice view and soft pine needles to lay down on, even just for a minute to reflect on the ride that is about to end. After the chill, there's a steep roller then its a swift roll down the road to the car.

·
Registered
685 Posts
BlackCanoeDog said:
We have a 17K out and back we like to do from home. A rarely used and little known trail that ends at this gorgeous point on a secluded lake....
Uh, what lake?

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
BlackCanoeDog said:
We have a 17K out and back we like to do from home. A rarely used and little known trail that ends at this gorgeous point on a secluded lake....
... I like your spot...
..wanna trade ???
:D

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Steep spot. I am the only one that I know that has cleaned this hill.

Not me in the pic, but you can get an idea of how steep, long, and loose it is....and nevermind the big rock up-and-over near the bottom. It is a total momentum buster. This guy made just into the little turn at the top before dismounting.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
We're still fairly new to the area where Mrs. Scrub and I have settled. No "spot" yet, though this place is in the running. Close enough good riding spot that it doesn't need to involve a car.

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
I got another one too. This is from tahoe. The halfway point between mountain passes there is an overlook with a log bench. THE spot to eat a power bar and look at emerald bay in the distance. I would also like to point out that is not my bike, but I did abuse it for 7 miles or so to get here:

·
Registered
257 Posts
not fair!!!!

you guys and girls in the U.S.A. have dry trails,blue sky and sunshine.

here in the U.K. i dont think we have had 7 days of sun this year and i HATE mud!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.