Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave this one up.

Mtb is soooooo much cheaper.....and safer.

I gave it up becuase i have my first child on the way.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
k_wagner03 said:
Hunting ( deer, turkey, quail, pheasant, dove)
Fishing
Paintball
Table Tennis
Professional beer drinker
My parents had a ping-pong table in the basement when I was growing up - I was the ping-pong king at 15! Been a long (long) time since I played.....

·
SS XC Junkie
505 Posts
Interesting topic. I just recently gave up golf. Didn't so much "give it up" more like "taking a break." Though I have a feeling it's going to be a LONG break.

Still play a little paintball though mostly rec and not am. A little home improvements. Strength training. But mostly life revolves around the thing that lets me afford all of my hobbies - work!

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
Skiing. Resort based Telemark/side country.
Women. :)

·
I have red hair
265 Posts
^^^ ditto on the women :thumbsup:

Mountain Bikes
Dirt Bikes
Guitar
Lacrosse
Food
And sometimes school :nono:

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
See quote below...

I also like volleyball but the shoulder doesn't let me play very often.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No kidding!

pinepig said:

That was the first thing that crossed my mind - WORK

- Played competitive volleyball for years - beach and indoors - Lost the passion after discovering MTB

- Played golf for years pre biking. Those were the fat days when I thought golf was a sport:nono: Lost interest due to lack of athleticism from the people that play it. Plus, there is no endorphin kick on that "sport"

- Now I workout and spin so that I stay in shape to ride/race on the road and mountain bike. Best shape of my life no doubt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hunting w/muzzleloader and longbow - deer & turkey
Golf - I gave it up years ago but want to get back to playing this year 'cause my
father-in-law wants to.
Hiking
...and in my spare time 10+ hours a day I work! (gotta support the habit somehow)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow some very cool hobbies.

I also enjoy watches but only have one.....

this is my 10th wedding aniv. present...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
About to get the sport bike (TL 1000) back on the road after a 4 year hiatus. Casting a 1 Ounce spoon into the surf for whatever will bite.
( Got suspended on Hilton Head Beach last year for landing a 5+ft shark that way.)

1 - 20 of 150 Posts