Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I wonder once this is all sorted out if cheap and slave labor is "economical" in the long term. I'd have to imagine there's all kinds of businesses that would rather pay a little more to have something right now. I wonder for how many if the supply issues makes or breaks them. That's not even to take into account all the other issues with concentrating where things are made and the reasons why they are made there and shipping and etc., on and on. I feel like we as a species are becoming more and more void of seeing any kind of big picture.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,914 Posts
This is why I pad extra to air freight my new frame instead of transport via ship. Well, that plus I should see it about a month earlier.
=sParty

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
No, fresh water. Why, does the proportion of ions in solution affect the passage rate past rubber seals?
Charged ions impact solute particles into the solution and have a greater effect on osmotic pressure.
Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Does that mean I will need to replace my bearings when they recover my bike from the bottom?
If they used marine grease you might be OK, but "waterproof grease", no way?

Article needed a picture, even if it was from a wreck a few years ago that also lost some bikes:

·
Magically Delicious
9,853 Posts
Let.s request that all bikes and related component shipping containers be placed at the bottom of the stack please

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I read this yahoo article separate from this forum and thought about bikes and anything else that is put on boat. I’m assuming these containers have tracking mechanisms on them to identify when and what has been lost but something that has me truly
Puzzled:

How do companies continue to with faith put their goods on a boat who’s operators have this “send it” attitude when it comes to the seas. Our weather satellite tracking over the recent hears has had to have progressed to the point where ships aren’t getting caught in the perfect Effin storm.

·
Registered
Top Fuel
1,549 Posts
How do companies continue to with faith put their goods on a boat who’s operators have this “send it” attitude when it comes to the seas.
ocean shipping is OUTRAGEOUSLY cheap compared with air. also, the stuff is presumably insured, so not that much risk. finally, the production cost in Asia is so cheap that they can tolerate occasional losses.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts