Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread, we share eachothers most embarassing biking stories. I will share mine:

Its a warm sunny day at Northstar. Me and my friend are coming down Pho Dogg right underneath Vista Lift and head over to the mini-park next to the lift. (The place full of the boxes, stunts, and logs). Anyway, we pick out something to ride, and my friend picks out this log ride which looks really cool.

Before I continue, you need to understand it rained hard the night before we rode Northstar. That day it was hardpack at northstar (And sick as hell if I may add). Somethings were still wet.....including the log.

So we get on the log okay, and ride on slowly. Aparrently, the log was on a downhill slope as me and my friend gained more and more speed. Eventually, my friend got off the log after some sketchy moves. He was smart. Be being my retarded self, I stayed on. I rolled on and on more speed, I could see the end. Until I felt something.

My front wheel just dropped, it slipped off the edge. On the ground, my bike had endoed. Me being retarded, I still refused to bail. I go over the handlebars, and eat bark. My face hits smack dab on the dirt and the bike tumbled with me. I just laid there in embarassmement hoping no one saw. When my friend asked what happened....I just laughed, and pointed at the log.

And thats my story. Lessons learned: Don't ride logs when they're wet, don't be retarded, and you're not proving anyone anything staying with your bike.

·
pwn3rator
3,640 Posts
everytime i rip the crotch of my pants. it happens at least once a month...

at the firestone dh race last year i went over the bars on this double into a berm (really sandy) and ripped my shorts from my butt to the top of the zipper. i had no extras. i fixed them with zip ties and string from jacky's dad's truck...

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Too many to list, but there is one where i decided to show my 2 boys how i used to jump in my day came off this 4 foot DJ into a table top, forgot to pull out of it landed flat as a table & blew the wind right out. My 2 boys just stood there laughing at me, i was :cool:.

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
hmmmm. good topic. id say the time i was ridin my bike to the bike shop to pick up a new chain so that my deraileur wouldnt be so horizontal with the frame (this was on my apocalypse) and right in front of the shop where the speed bump is, i bunny hopped the speed bump and the deraileur snapped off and i fell. man that was not only a buzzkill, cuz i was gonna fix the problem, but embaressing. none the less, happens to be right when im with my new girlfriend and some other riders.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Hmm...

Learning to ride clips in BMX.. but I was 6 years old so it was expected.

Sprinting through foot deep snow with some friends leaving a party. Brand new Minions on.. decided to stop. Locked the front brake. Well, I assumed I'd slip and slow down.. nope. Tires caught like glue and I endoed.. stalled for a few secs, let go of the brake and caught my fall like a pushup... only thing that left my bike were my hands. Had to have looked funny.

That or doing sprints on my road.. brake cable decided to snap when I was topped out... went out into traffic.
Not seeing a truck going like 50mph, saw at last second, locked brake, barend clipped the truck. Cheated death...

Lessons learned? Ride smart. Don't be an idiot like Standard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i think the worst was when i was first learning how to ride with clips, it was great because i was on my new bike aswell and i forgot about the whole clipped in thing so i tried to wheelie, and i fell back and nailed my back on the pavement, it hurt so much my back was stiff for days luckly no one saw me so therefor it hurt more, also one time when i was riding i hit a jump and it launched me into a front flip and i landed on my neck luckly i was wearing a helmet cuz i would have died so the moral of the story dont wheelie with clips and wear a helmet.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
when I got cougt in Diablo with a XC pass...

Shawn told all his crew to be on the look out for me... fukker

J/K Shawn... ;)

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
there are so many times

a few are that once I was riding with a few buddies, about 8 of my friends on this technical trail (we were heading to our dirtjumps) and I was in the front of the line. I was going an alright speed and I had just got some new tires ( Specialized Adrenalines ) and the trails are just hardpack dusty trails. I didnt expect how good they were going to corner, so I take the turn the same as I would have with my rollers, cut it too tight and went off the trail, down this embankment and down into a stream.

another time was when I was in the skatepark, I was trying a friends BMX out, it was brakeless. so I shoot down the waterfall, over the pyramed, over the spine and carve around this minibowl. I didnt know he was behind me on my bike and he goes around bowls the oppisite way I do. we bolth met in the middle of the minibowl at 20+ miles an hour.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
scabrider said:
everytime i rip the crotch of my pants. it happens at least once a month...

at the firestone dh race last year i went over the bars on this double into a berm (really sandy) and ripped my shorts from my butt to the top of the zipper. i had no extras. i fixed them with zip ties and string from jacky's dad's truck...
that happens alot to me too.

like when landing hard or preparing to bunnyhop etc...

·
fungus amongus
395 Posts
a few years ago when i first started freeriding I was in the local trails and i saw a group of kids from my school that I knew biked but we had never biked together. When i saw them i was on a rock cliff and they were down below and there was a nice steep ride down to get to them and i thought it would be a perfect opportunity to show off. When i dropped in to meet them I flipped over and landed on my face. i look like a fagut.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
I was out with these XC guys and I was ripping down a trail and looked back at to see where they were at. I turned around and my bike was going into a big rut that wasn't there a week before because by the recent rains. Of course I go down.....in front of them all

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
riding urban with two friends. going from spot to spot and turning around to talk to them while riding forward. then looking back front and slamming right into a telephone pole....good times

·
I lean like a cholo!
452 Posts
At Whistler

At Whistler in 04. It was my last day and it was raining (only time that week). I went flying off the GLC drop at the bottom. Well being an AZ boy I am not use to the wet stuff and my feet slip off of both pedals. Things went to slow mo, and I do a wicked no footer and see everyone pointing. It was like they were going "COOL" then there expression changed as I landed on my nuts. Couldn't find the pedals in time. Then they were still pointing but the expression was like "FOOL!" It was my first no footer to balls landing with a crowd watching. :D Hero to zero in 1.2 seconds. Oh, and I did ride it out (on my nuts) without hitting the dirt. :D :D

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
whenever people i know, who dont ride, see me eat it. im the only biker at my school really so i have a reputation of being this complete bike geek. and if im out riding urban or something and i eat sh!t im always kind embarressed...

that and crashing in front of hot chicks...thats never good...even if i dont know em

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
uhh, a couple of times doing high speed wheelie infornt of a few hot chicks ,in front of a school, i didnt see them but the street is downhill and i was doing the wheelie in 3rd up front 5th in the back, and right in front of them i looped out, luckily landing on my feet, but going that fast it was loud and looked retarded while i was jumping back on, only to hear them laughing :eek:
other times doing endos alittle too far in fornt of girls, and eating ****, :rolleyes:
but hey, i dont care............. at leat i tell myselt that :p

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
whwen i shatted in the hallways of school and the cheerleaders came out and laughed

then we touched eachother
dude i know what u mean....well not the first part.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I've got you all beat!

Jumping a triple stair gap (coming up short) then doing a stoppy while throwing both feet over my hands and bars to stop myself on a handrail that overlooks the Willamette river thirty feet below. I went too fast, slipped, and very nearly fell over the rail down to the river....and Thor Vixom caught it all on tape and put in Jib 2 along with a gey clip of me rolling backwards and didn't put any of the good stuff I did in the video, like the 18 stair stair gap or the stair gap into the parking garage where I had to duck my head.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.