Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite, lightweight, breathable, short-sleeve jersey? Looking for cool, quick-drying jersey for riding in 70-100F temps where it never rains. Could care less if it is durable/crash-resistant, but do want bike-friendly length / drop-tail cut. Have found mesh / grid fabrics to wick & dry best in the past.

·
Registered
x_posts
I ride in my old Ibex merino wool jerseys. I have a few SS full zip and one 3/4 sleeve that I love. Good for all temps including 100+ days. Unfortunately they went out of business and re-emerged as a sort of new company (new owners, reduced product line).

So I would recommend finding something similar. Looks like SmartWool does a SS, 3/4 sleeve, and LS. Icebreaker doesn't seem to do anything cycling-specific but they have other activities listed so I don't know why you couldn't wear a "training" shirt. Or just any old merino t-shirt if you wanted.

And they provide a great base layer if you're riding in the cold.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some good ideas here, keep 'em coming! My sadly-discontinued go-to is an all-mesh Fox Flow jersey. In size Medium it has plenty of length to keep my rangy 6'1" frame fully covered, and is just trim enough to avoid catching wind like a sail, yet roomy & stretchy enough that it doesn't feel constrictive. I'm all ears if anyone knows of something else that fits a similar bill!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
x_posts
Whatever is a quick-drying/mesh sport top at Target. Works great IME.

·
Registered
x_posts
My wife uses Coolibar longsleeve shirts for tennis and bought me a few also. I ended up using their Agility short sleeve tee for biking and really like it. It is UPF 50, has longer short sleeves (come to the elbow) and a rear zip pocket. I try to keep an eye on their sales and have picked them up for as little as $35, but even for full price I find them to be a good value.

·
Registered
x_posts
Ive got one of the fox Rangers and one of the club rides, but honestly, I have several American Eagle "dry fit" t shirts that were cheap. I definitely don't worry about messing them up. Think they were $12. The fox is great but pricey, the same as the Club Ride. I like the club ride as I can just wear as a normal shirt. It does seem to retain sweat more than my other jerseys.

·
Registered
x_posts
Another vote for the Fox Ranger jerseys. I got 3 of 'em and I love them. Loose, comfortable, and breathable. I forget I'm even wearing a shirt.

Oh yea, they look good too. 😎

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.