Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to still have my first bike. Do you have a pic of the first bike you ever owned (or the one you loved as a kid)? I have photos of my first bike packed away somewhere but I found a pic of it online. I had one of these bad boys :cool:

What was your first bike?

Attachments

·
SSasquatch
535 Posts
jsnk1975 said:
I would love to still have my first bike. Do you have a pic of the first bike you ever owned (or the one you loved as a kid)? I have photos of my first bike packed away somewhere but I found a pic of it online. I had one of these bad boys :cool:

What was your first bike?
Very nice... I like the Vans, very Jeff Spicoli.
This was mine (1980 Mongoose Supergoose):

Attachments

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
You sure that's a scrambler?

BikinCO said:
Mine was a silver and black 1975 Schwinn Scrambler.
It's kinda blurry, but the lettering on that top tube looks like it says "HUFFY" to me.

Can anyone else decipher that label?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
No pics survived from 1961, but it was a Gambles Hardware special. I think I paid $19.95. That was big money for a 6 year old. I have no idea what happened to it, but I'd love to have it back. Good thread, but it makes me feel old!

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
i restored my 1st bike...

well, my first "grown up" bike. it's a 36 cm 1976 Motobecane Nomad.

before the restoration:

during the restoration:

after the restoration:

i've also got my 2nd grown-up bike in my attic waiting to be restored.

rt

·
I throw poo
417 Posts
My first bike was a Schwinn Sting Ray. I don't have a pick, but it looked just like that Scrambler that was posted earlier, but metalic red. That bike almost killed me, my Dad didn't believe in sissy things like "fit" and "training wheels".

F

·
0 Posts
1960 Sears 26" bike, red

I can't find a photo of it, but its what I learned on. It was a Christmas gift, so I won't have to walk the three miles to school. There were paved streets all the way to school, but I couldn't help but ride the dirt roads through the bean and corn fields on the way to school. It was the first bike I did a wheelie on. Also broke my two front teeth in a crash doing a jump off a ramp. After all these years I still love the speed and getting air.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i was about 3-4 years old when i had my first bike so i can't really remember it..my first mountain bike tho was a 12 spd. rocky mountain full rigid.. i love that bike as it got my into mountain bike riding. my friends and i used to ride every day in the summer and on weekends during school

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
galleywench said:
Try again
:D I remember those! I was also trying to find a pic of my Hot Pink and Black 88 GT Pro Performer (had a Gyro on it) but no luck. I used to cruise that bike all over Moreno Valley, CA. where I lived as a kid.

·
Registered
271 Posts
can't remeber what kind

but I know it was purple and it had a banana seat (of course) and I loved it so,i was like 7 or 8..yep feeling old.Little did I know how much biking would become a part of my life.My first mountian bike was a Wal-mart special I got when I moved to Jasper (sm mountian town) 10 years ago..it weight a ton but it did the job and after that summer I was hooked...then I found Kona so far I have 3 and soon to be 4...ahhhh bikes..they rock. :) Kona

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Does anyone remember?

I believe it was a Schwinn Sting Ray. Would have been circa 1972 or 1973. My best friend owned one, banana seat, sissy bar, etc.. What was unique about the bike is that it was two speeds, and the way you shifted from one speed to another was by tapping lightly on the coaster brake. The gearing was internal to the hub, as there was only one chainring in the rear.

Does anyone else remember this?

As for my first brand new bike, it was a green 3 speed Ross Barracuda.

Bob

1 - 20 of 33 Posts