Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
nice.

fakebeave said:
Anyone have a favorite?
My favorite drop has to be the one at Ringwood.
Here is a pic of one of my favorite stunts. It was at Case Mountain in CT.
hey fakebeave! favorite stunt? i can ride with my eyes closed for like almost 3 seconds! ;) and this one time, at bmx camp...sorry got carried away. mergs and i are riding top o'skyline drive today at around 5:45. it would be good if you can make it... can you tell i have too much time on my hands today> :p

phat

·
Registered
294 Posts
favorite has to be the one i built. its in essex county, so I won't talk about locations.
after a switch back down a hill, there's a tiny log to cross and then you veer just right off the trail and there is a log ramp that's maybe 12 feet long that rolls you up to the top of a boulder, where you take a 3-4 foot wheelie drop.

some friends and I stumbled onto a HUGE collection of stunts in the deep of the woods a few months ago, 4+ foot drops and skinnies.... its sick! near Mills reservation.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is alittle off topic but how do you make the image size small enough so you can post it? The file size is to bike (353 kb when it needs to be around 180?) i have some good stunts in my backyard that i would like to post but cant get the images small enough.

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
my fave drop in ringwood

fakebeave said:
Anyone have a favorite?
i've seen a photo of fakebeave doing the same drop in ringwood. this was taken from a different angle. i love this little drop.

phat

Attachments

·
danger! danger!
242 Posts
Case Mtn.???

fakebeave said:
Anyone have a favorite?
I have alot of vaca time left, some of which I'd like to spend on day trips; before I start searching around...where, in the ballpark, is Case? In central CT near Hartford, or Eastern? I've been to some of the parks in W. CT. (Huntington, Mianus, Trumbull) and they've all been excellent. From your photo and others I've seen, the place looks great and I've heard nothing but good things. Thanks!

·
pedalhead
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Case Mountain , CT

It's right outside of Hartford... Check out http://www.bikerag.com. They have some great pics and a half decent map.
Find the "secret trail" and you will find more stunts and drops than you will be able to do in one day. Bring a camera!
I once rode with no hands and one foot on the pedals.

·
danger! danger!
242 Posts
fakebeave said:
It's right outside of Hartford... Check out http://www.bikerag.com. They have some great pics and a half decent map.
Find the "secret trail" and you will find more stunts and drops than you will be able to do in one day. Bring a camera!
I once rode with no hands and one foot on the pedals.
Thanks, fb! I forgot how informational (and funny) that site is!

Now please keep your hands and feet on the pedals!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Carter227 said:
This is alittle off topic but how do you make the image size small enough so you can post it? The file size is to bike (353 kb when it needs to be around 180?) i have some good stunts in my backyard that i would like to post but cant get the images small enough.
Carter227 here's the link to a free image compressor:
http://www.topicstarter.com/mtb/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112

It does a great job keeping the high quality of the original picture and is very easy to use.

·
I like air!
915 Posts
phatbiker said:
i've seen a photo of fakebeave doing the same drop in ringwood. this was taken from a different angle. i love this little drop.

phat
I like that one too. There are 3 little drops in a row and that one is in the middle. I think it’s the top of the red trail. I don’t know my way around Ringwood that much and I’m looking to figure it out better. If you ever want to meet up during the week PM me. I live 10 minutes from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey fakebeave, im new to the scene but love the freeriding stunts... any way you can tell me how to get to the secret trails at case, that is if youre willing to make them a little less secret?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey fakebeave, im new to the scene but love the freeriding stunts... any way you can tell me how to get to the secret trails at case, that is if youre willing to make them a little less secret?

1- Your best bet is to join a local trail maintenance crew, group ride or both. People are not going to give up the secret locations to everybody.

2 -You know that group of kids with BMX bikes and skate boards that hang out in your town, buy them some beer and smokes and ask them where their secret stunt area is. There are little pump tracks, jumps and skinnies all over the place.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks if I was looking for BMX stunts I would have done exactly that. Guess I'll just hit my trails and find my way around case with some boys so I don't have to deal with stuck up riders acting like roadies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts