Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Old Coast Rd. in Big Sur. Probably doesn't meet most peoples criteria since its just a 10 miles stretch of brutal climbing on a dirt road, but I love it and ride it any chance I get.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Coast Rd. in Big Sur. Probably doesn't meet most peoples criteria since its just a 10 miles stretch of brutal climbing on a dirt road, but I love it and ride it any chance I get.
LMAO, sounds like a great ride....for someone that likes a SUFFERFEST! I'll pass.

@Dave54, I haven't ridden up in that area. Any trail or park in particular I should look for?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Salmon Falls aka Darrington (El Dorado Hills) is fun if it's cut back and not too hot. Not an epic ride, if that's what you're looking for.
I was out there a few weeks before the race. Was all kinds of Poison Oak. I heard it was cleaned up since then.

I think I might go up to Hole In the Ground. Anyone know if there a snow issue on that trail still?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not my favorite, but Bass Lake has some pretty fun trails. 007, Goat mtn, Spring Cove, Willow Creek, all fun.
And if you explore, this is hiding between 007 and Shuteye. :)
Vegetation Mountainous landforms Slope Plant community Outcrop

Can you see Waldo on his pumpkin? ;-)

My favorites are Soquel-Demo Flow in bay area, Downieville Classic or Mt. Hough in the Sierras, and Jabberwocky in Ashland.

Catfish ...

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,609 Posts
I’m kinda weird, and like different things than everyone else (so it seems). My two favourite local spots to ride in California (which are nearby for me) are Demo and STCP.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
@Dave54, I haven't ridden up in that area. Any trail or park in particular I should look for?
Something new? Only one day or starting out the weekend after the 4th? Try the Susanville area. There's SV Ranch Park trails and I'd definitely hit the Southside Trail to get a taste of what's on the "other side of the tracks!" You can extend that route by crossing over the Susan River at the end(pretty sure they have the seasonal bridge up and running)over onto the Biz Johnson trail for some scenic decomisioned railway bed pedaling. Head back when had enuff of that to do the return on the SS. Rooptown Cycles is in town between the two ride areas and can help you out with things.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bic...:Rooptown%20Bicycles,ru_q:Rooptown%20Bicycles

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.