1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
I'll never tell!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i gotta be my usual smart## self. but the places mentioned are complete snoooozers!
my god they are borring places. nothing more than a place to get a workout in i guess.

yes, i am a bike snob, just got back from 6 weeks in BC canada, where i did piles of 3-4000 foot epic technical descents. socal is a faar cry from that.

·
Who's riding today?
1,402 Posts
dft said:
i gotta be my usual smart## self. but the places mentioned are complete snoooozers!
my god they are borring places. nothing more than a place to get a workout in i guess.

yes, i am a bike snob, just got back from 6 weeks in BC canada, where i did piles of 3-4000 foot epic technical descents. socal is a faar cry from that.
O.K. then, for the benefit of dft, please post your favorite places to ride in BC. Should help him enjoy the thread more.......... :p

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Hey dft, you said you did 3-4000 foot epic
descents. Did you ride up or get a lift. I ride
to get a workout, anyone can go down hill.
I can be a smart## also.

Best, John

·
i can't type the letter s
1,093 Posts
John Kuhl said:
I can be a smart## also.

Best, John
oh no you dint, John. (you're new round these parts ain't you.)

·
I <3 Dirt
724 Posts
John Kuhl said:
I can be a smart## also.

Best, John
I'm glad you ride for a workout although if that's all you're riding for I'd suggest you take up running and save yourself some $.

Here's your answer about whether DFT gets a lift, and I don't think just "anyone" can drop down this trail.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I live about 200 yards off of Calavera, so I frequent there just about everyday. I love to hit up Laguna and Noble when I have the time. Hodges is a good for an easy fast ride and Daley Ranch is a good play ground. :thumbsup: There's a ton more, but those are the ones "I" frequent.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
John Kuhl said:
I can be a smart## also.
funny, i have the exact opposite view! i think anyone can crank up a hill (i can go from completely out of shape to doing a 5000 foot climb in ~3 weeks or so) and i think the skill is descending real technical descents. yea, i both climbed and took lifts up. (not a purist) i've climbed my 41 pound+ stinky on probably 30+ rides in excess of 5000 feet total climbing.

ps. don't take my bagging replies seriously, i just love to bag on less than medicore socal rides!!:) to me, noble is honestly one of the most overated trails in the world:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I kind of agree with you dft. Lots of fireroads and uninspiring exposed trails (I like shade). My favorite SD trail would be ATT. For more local, in the city riding, I head to LPQ or Mission Trails, both of which are starting to get boring.

I have yet to do Noble. I'll probably hit it up once it cools down this fall.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Hey dft, I was just given you a hard time. I understand how hard
it is to do what you do. If I even tried what you do, I would be in the
hospital broken into little pieces.

Best, John

1 - 20 of 127 Posts