Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figured to post this here because most freeriders that i have seen where pads, if this is the wrong forum, i am sorry.

i was wondering what your favorite pad systems were beause i am getting some pads and was looking at the kani pad system on the specilized website, but was wondering what use use and/or reccmend...

thanks in advance

G

·
just so you know, this topic has been covered ten thousand times, you can use the search button and find the info you are looking for.

·
Registered
9,986 Posts
airrick said:
i figured to post this here because most freeriders that i have seen where pads, if this is the wrong forum, i am sorry.

i was wondering what your favorite pad systems were beause i am getting some pads and was looking at the kani pad system on the specilized website, but was wondering what use use and/or reccmend...

thanks in advance
I like the raceface/roach for the legs, and the dainese saftey jacket.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Lolll....

Why do n00bs that seem to post threads that have been covered before say use the search button?

Beyond me..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
well after searching, i have narrowed it down to either sixsixone race lites or 4x4s(for knee/shin protection), i am looking for armor that is protective but lightweight and breatheable,, but i would be willing to sacirifice some of that if the one or the other had a better, more ergonomic design(ie strap placement, and pedaling efficentcy)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Do not bother with the Racelites, worst pad ever designed. Unconfortable, poor protection, not really that much lighter. Get Roach/RaceFace Rally FR, far more comfortable and protective than either 661 pad you mentioned.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
the way i would do it for shin pads it to get TLD combat guards. They are big, and wrap all the way around, but are VERY easy to take on/off, and strap around to top tube of your bike. They also pedal very well

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what website you you reccomend for dainese, i cant find a offical website

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
For shins and knees, check out the Fox Launch pads, I've had a few different kinds of shin/knee guards and the Launches are the ONLY ones that haven't slipped down my leg. Also my roommate has the Roach shin/knee guards and they don't slip either.
As for Dianese, I have the elbow pads and love them, light and breathable, and still don't slip, plus they have buttons to snap onto a Dianese Jeresy, but I don't own one so...
Anyways, the only down side to Dianese is price, very expencive. Their upper body armor is around $360ish I think, I got my Azonic Z-6 for like $110 on sale, but I think regularly it's around $160 and it's very nice.

·
Registered
834 Posts
get fox launch
i just got them and theyre awesome theres no velcro or anything to annoy your legs, they dont slip, and the straps are really comfortable and also they look sick too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.