Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics from Thursday night services as official goodwill ambassador to the Barneys, Freds and Betty's out there: Last pic is my daugher, btw. I think it's a great picture, but of course, she hates it. Teenagers.

We had about 6, including a 30yr retired Navy guy for his first time.

Attachments

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good catch, and yes, he did.

It was so funny. He stopped to complain that his helmet was giving him a headache, then his kid noticed it was on backwards. Well, at least he was out riding.

CB

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
CBro said:
Good catch, and yes, he did.

It was so funny. He stopped to complain that his helmet was giving him a headache, then his kid noticed it was on backwards. Well, at least he was out riding.

CB
I think the helmet backward thing has happened to all of us, whether we put it on or ride with someone who has.

I once had a roadie turn my slow Sunday afternoon into his own personal drag race down Federal Way. He was giving it his all just to overtake me (I was doing about 80 rpm in the 39x21 just spinning the junk out of last night's party), and just as he was about to pass, I said (in a monotone voice of apathy), "Your helmet is on backwards."

It was. A Specialized somethinguhrather with the big pointed aero tip....on the wrong way. But it doesn't come close to my girlfriend's mother actually riding her bike with the handlebars turned completely around for 15 minutes. I'm not kidding: she rode with her entire handlebar facing the wrong way.

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, since we're talking about screw ups...

My buddy Jim biffed it pretty good on the Loon Lake switchbacks down to the Secesh river, and those who have tried them know they can be tricky. He busted a couple ribs, and I volunteered to fix his bike, and I somehow managed to rig things up so the front wheel was completely turned around back a$$wards. Since we walked him out, he never noticed til somebody pointed it out later that I shouldn't quit my day job to wrench bikes.

CDB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts