Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there is very few threads about the Blur XC. To the owners who have them...

What do some of yours look like?
What are some of your builds?
Do you race your XC or plan to?

Also, how much does your XC weigh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Futurepath said:
I noticed there is very few threads about the Blur XC. To the owners who have them...

What do some of yours look like?
What are some of your builds?
Do you race your XC or plan to?

Also, how much does your XC weigh?
I'm just finishing the last touches on building this baby up. I have a large silver ano w/:

Thomson stem & seatpost, XT crankset, shifters, cassette, fr. and rear ders., answer carbon riser handlebar, selle genuine gel saddle, custom wheelset (DT swiss 240 hubs/ no tubes olympic ztr rims), hutchinson python airlight tires, magura marta disc brakes, ritchey pro grips, manitou r7 platinum 80mm fork.

The final weight is right around 25.5 lbs. and I plan to race it for my first season in Sport class. Right now, I'm just waiting for the fork to arrive so I can just take her for a spin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kranest said:
I'm just finishing the last touches on building this baby up. I have a large silver ano w/:

Thomson stem & seatpost, XT crankset, shifters, cassette, fr. and rear ders., answer carbon riser handlebar, selle genuine gel saddle, custom wheelset (DT swiss 240 hubs/ no tubes olympic ztr rims), hutchinson python airlight tires, magura marta disc brakes, ritchey pro grips, manitou r7 platinum 80mm fork.

The final weight is right around 25.5 lbs. and I plan to race it for my first season in Sport class. Right now, I'm just waiting for the fork to arrive so I can just take her for a spin.
Nice build! My Superlight has an identical build. Waiting for my XC a month later. It's going to have FSA Team carbon cranks, SRAM X9 components, XTR front der., Manitou Skareb Elite, Thompson seatpost and stem, American CLassic Wheelset, headset and BB. Margura Marta's, and Terry Fly saddle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Here's Mine......

Futurepath said:
Nice build! My Superlight has an identical build. Waiting for my XC a month later. It's going to have FSA Team carbon cranks, SRAM X9 components, XTR front der., Manitou Skareb Elite, Thompson seatpost and stem, American CLassic Wheelset, headset and BB. Margura Marta's, and Terry Fly saddle.
Medium ano blue:
Fox RLT fork
RP3 Rear shock
Raceface Deus crank
Crank Bros Triple Ti pedals
DT Swiss hubs laced to Mavic 717D rims
Kenda Nevegal DTC tires
Juicy 7 brakes
FSA stem and bar
Thompson post
WTB Stealth seat
SRAM XO triggers and rear der.
XT front der.

I don't race, but am very "recreationally competitive". Haven't weighted it yet, but it's light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Here's the Pic

nacraman said:
Medium ano blue:
Fox RLT fork
RP3 Rear shock
Raceface Deus crank
Crank Bros Triple Ti pedals
DT Swiss hubs laced to Mavic 717D rims
Kenda Nevegal DTC tires
Juicy 7 brakes
FSA stem and bar
Thompson post
WTB Stealth seat
SRAM XO triggers and rear der.
XT front der.

I don't race, but am very "recreationally competitive". Haven't weighted it yet, but it's light.
Here's my bike.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Futurepath said:
Nice build! My Superlight has an identical build. Waiting for my XC a month later. It's going to have FSA Team carbon cranks, SRAM X9 components, XTR front der., Manitou Skareb Elite, Thompson seatpost and stem, American CLassic Wheelset, headset and BB. Margura Marta's, and Terry Fly saddle.
Top swing XTR front der. didn't work on blur xc as per lbs so try and figure out to get a bottom swing prior to the arrival of your bxc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

prime said:
Top swing XTR front der. didn't work on blur xc as per lbs so try and figure out to get a bottom swing prior to the arrival of your bxc
What seemed to be he problem for the XTR not to work? Was it a sizing issue. I did notice when looking to order the top swing that the size of the der. was 35 in Quality Bicycles. The SC websites lists the top swing as 34.9. I assume Quality just rounds off the sizing (guess one should never assume).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Here's what mine looks like:

Build:
Blur XC small, apple green pc
Fox RP3, Talas @ 100mm
King headset
Thomson 110mm X4 stem, seatpost
Titec hellbent low rise bar
XTR crank, rd, brakes, dual control levers
XT fd, cassette, hubs
Mavic XC717 rims
Panaracer Fire XC

I *might* race this year (2006)

Don't know how much it weighs but speedgoat's mad scientist tells me it's about 24lbs.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top