Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bad news is that the iPhone is not as good as having your DSLR with you on the trail. The good news is the iPhone is so easy to take with you instead of lugging the big rig.

I'd like to see what people are doing on the trails with the iPhone. Stills, action, artsy-fartsy, filters, whatever.

I'm interested to see what can be done with the iPhone on a MTB ride. Show 'em if ya got 'em!

Please keep them small enough that we won't have to scroll to see the whole pic. Any information about setup, techniques, settings, post-processing, etc. is welcome and encouraged.

I toss this one in to get the ball rolling. Just desaturated it, and then ran it through the Smart Blur in Photoshop.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
This one is after several rides worth of dist built up I thought the shiny was in the chain looked cool while the rest was dirty.

And here's one from a ride a week ago. I had never taken this one off branch and came to the shore.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,013 Posts
I took this in Moab, UT with an iPhone 4 in 2011 on Amasa Back trail. I do carry my Nikon D5000 occasionally but not on THIS trail as there's a lot to contend with technically :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The best camera is the one you have with you! Couple of my favs

I think the iPhone (4S) camera is actually pretty good. The panorama feature is awesome. Generally the pics from it benefits greatly from some smart sharpening in photoshop.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just about all my pictures are taken with my iPhone. I believe I modified it with Instagram.

IMG_1753.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't claim to be a photographer, but I do think the iPhone 5 has a decent camera. And much easier to carry than my Sony Nex,

Attachments

·
CoolArrow
2,473 Posts
Iphone 4s. - Albuquerque.

Shot with Filmic Pro App.
Frame extraced in Tiltshift Photo App
Edited with Snapseed

1 - 20 of 173 Posts