Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's mine. a couple of upgrades in the cards for 2012...

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
here's mine:

oh, you think the picture isn't loading? no, i don't have one.

yet. real nice ride, ss.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
my main dilemma is whether i want to build a dh bike that i might only use 2 or 3 times a year vs. a 29er or something that i can use any time. i no longer have the "one bike" that i once did.

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i get more use out of a dh bike then a road bike which i would ride two or three times a year...

:D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My 2012 DH bike pic is strikingly similar to my 2006 DH bike pic.

It's almost as if they were the same bike...

And it may only see use this year while Elvis is in the building.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Likewise, mine will look strikingly similar to my 2010 bike. Could maybe use a new saddle... meh.

·
I dd what you see there.
717 Posts
Perhaps I've just been seeing too many 'roadie' caliper or cantilever brakes (especially this morning at Neworld Cycle), but the discs on SS's and GM's bikes look about as big as the ones on my Corolla.

For now, I'll stick with the cross bike for DH.... of course the 'hills' will have to be paved though.... and I think I'm finished with upgrades for a bit - though the bike did require an "upgraded" rear der. cable this morning, thus the trip to Neworld. (the upgrade being the new one was in one piece, not broken!)

·
9 lives
16,525 Posts

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
probably worth it for me to just rent a bike from blue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My DH bike.

Bought a seasons pass and have a new to me 4 cylinder car that is better on gas than the Ranger, so I'm hoping to get up to Blue more this summer.

Saturnine, don't you have a Turner? That should hold up to most of the trails at Blue. When I used to go up alot, I would bring my Cannondale Prophet to mix things up. I found the 5 inch bikes worked fine, you just couldn't bomb through the rough stuff like with a DH bike.

Attachments

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
My DH bike.

Bought a seasons pass and have a new to me 4 cylinder car that is better on gas than the Ranger, so I'm hoping to get up to Blue more this summer.

Saturnine, don't you have a Turner? That should hold up to most of the trails at Blue. When I used to go up alot, I would bring my Cannondale Prophet to mix things up. I found the 5 inch bikes worked fine, you just couldn't bomb through the rough stuff like with a DH bike.
i went last year on an enduro and i found myself wanting a little more travel. my turner is a step down in travel and angles. it may hold up, but i don't want to take it there. it's too pretty. a 26lb bike might be a little light for that kind of riding. as i get better maybe i'll give it a go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand. Have a few dents and chips on the downtube from kicking up a loose piece of shale on a few runs at Blue.

·
humber river advocate
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i went last year on an enduro and i found myself wanting a little more travel. my turner is a step down in travel and angles. it may hold up, but i don't want to take it there. it's too pretty. a 26lb bike might be a little light for that kind of riding. as i get better maybe i'll give it a go.
if you go there only a couple of times it's worthwhile to rent, it's more enjoyable to have a big bike if you are there all day doing multiple runs. usually when i take friends up and they insist riding their lite bikes they only last a few runs, just pounds them to much.

·
Registered
429 Posts
unfortunately can't justify a DH rig since I haven't done Blue in ages and then it was just like once a season.
Even went to a Tallboy with 120 front for Kelso/Hilton and the like and find it better than my now sold Nomad. With parts left over I am craving something in between like an Ibis...

nice rides everyone

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
2010 Knolly Delirium.
Set up in DH / Gravity mode.

Large Mark VI Delirium
Zoke 66 RC3 Evo with Firm Ti spring
CCDB - updated to current spec with 450ti spring
Magura Louise BAT 203F/180R Venti rotors
SRAM X0 shifter with X9 Small cage RD
Easton Havoc Carbon bars w ODI Rouge grips
Renthal Duo stem
DT 340/Champ/5.1 wheelset
Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4 DH tires
SLX cranks, 11-32 Cassette
Renthal Chainring
MRP G2 mini guide
KMC x9sl-ti chain
Spank Spike Pedals
Reverb dropper post
Fizik Gobi XM Ki:um saddle
Jagwire cables
King Headset spacers (and yup, I can say I run CK stuff!!)

Hack Rider Included.

michael

·
Registered
42 Posts
^^^Nice!
Awesome build. I'd imagine it's not too much of a pig to pedal around, even with all the travel. Never got used to a Fizik saddle though. Little to narrow for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts