Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Keep The Rubber Side Down
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
You gotta' love AZ riders...

It's 72 degrees and they are all wearing long sleved jerseys :D I haven't riden Pima/Dynamite in years! Looks great. Thank you for the passion hit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Hate you???? Nah....

Here in San Diego we get that pretty much year round.

I hate the people in Colorado. I'd love to be ski skating and enjoying snow for a change. Not to mention some of the best riding in the nation just minutes out of the front door for most of the year.

Keep your 72 degrees in December. I like seasons that can't be described as just "green" and "Brown"
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Not really... see, our winter never goes below 32. In AZ (pretty much like Sonora) it must get below that for sure at some time of the year (I've been in Hermosillo - I froze like an icycle).

Here a pic this last sunday ride....
 

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Jayem said:
I'm going to ride tomorrow above 9000' feet (not flagstaff) in arizona.

Good luck with that california, colorado, utah, and canada.....
Same feelings from Mexico City.... If you go to Toluca, it might be different though. At 12,000 ft we can POSSIBLY have snow.
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
35,025 Posts
I'm going to ride tomorrow above 9000' feet (not flagstaff) in arizona.

Good luck with that california, colorado, utah, and canada.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Timmy said:
I hate the people in Colorado. I'd love to be ski skating and enjoying snow for a change. "
I like the change in seasons here, to but this 80 MPH wind is getting old. I picked up skate skiing last season and it's great to have some variety. If I had my own lear jet, I'de prolly fly down to AZ to try Mountain biking some of the places there about this time of year, but the snowboarding and skate skiing will have to suffice :p .
What do people in AZ do in the summertime? Is it too hot to ride?
funny to say that there is so much more to life than mountain biking (is that blasphemy?) Here's a gps-generated profile of a skate ski route I did the other day, the climbing on skis seemed about 5 times as hard as it would have been on a bike. My legs still hurt.....
A big part of happiness is adapting to where you are.
 

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
hardtail05 said:
I like the change in seasons here, to but this 80 MPH wind is getting old. I picked up skate skiing last season and it's great to have some variety. If I had my own lear jet, I'de prolly fly down to AZ to try Mountain biking some of the places there about this time of year, but the snowboarding and skate skiing will have to suffice :p .
What do people in AZ do in the summertime? Is it too hot to ride?
funny to say that there is so much more to life than mountain biking (is that blasphemy?) Here's a gps-generated profile of a skate ski route I did the other day, the climbing on skis seemed about 5 times as hard as it would have been on a bike. My legs still hurt.....
Only 300m of elevation change??





Joking!!

Looks like nice riding/skiing!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Warp2003 said:
Only 300m of elevation change??
Joking!!
Looks like nice riding/skiing!!
LOL, hey Warp, don't you know we Americans can't understand the metric system ?? :D

OK, I had to actualy turn my GPS on to find this but the cumulative elavatiion gain was about 2100 feet. Net Elavation from the parking lot to the place i turned around isn't huge by MTB standards (thank god). I checked my other GPS logs and saw that the highest part of the trail system actualy goes up to about 9400 feet, but I didn't make it up there this day. I thought I was going to die last season when I started nordic skiing cuz I considered myself a climber on a mountain bike and I was humbled by climbing on skis (wow, what a difference!). Well I've gotten better since then and I love both sports. The climbing you do on a MTB would dwarf anything you would do while skate skiing. It also hurts your feet really bad until you get the boots dialed in.
Here's a comparison to a MTB ride I did in November that (I think) took me about the same amount of time as the skiing. The total climbing was about 5,600 feet for two loops at a local County park around here. The elavations are lower and the climbs steeper. The distance was actualy not much longer than the ski route, but more than twice the climbing/decending.
Anyway, I really liked there pics from Arizona and also your Mexico pics. I've said it before- variety is the spice of life!
 

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Top