Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Why would I waste my time with hating you when I'm getting ready to go skiing? :D
We got about 4 inches overnight and it's still comming. Slopes will be empty and the snow will be great.
Out!

·
Don't be a sheep
3,425 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would rather have our cold (cause we don't get that cold here) in winter than AZ heat in summer. While it get up to and over 100° F in AR in summer, it's not like AZ heat. I got a friend who moved to AZ and says he has to ride in the a.m. during summer to be able to ride. Course, lot's of people here ride in the a.m. in summer to avoid the heat. But still, 72° F would be nice in winter sometimes. Since we get very little snow anyway, at least 72° F would keep the ice storms away.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Yes!

Sure I hate you with all my might. I hate that you get to go riding when I have to stay inside because it's 8 degrees and blowing 20mph. I hate that when it's summer here, even though it's cooler than in AZ, we still have high humidity. Actually, I pretty much hate NE and everything about it. That's why I'm moving.

·
Nothing to see here
892 Posts
Nah, I don't hate Arizona people in the winter...just the summer, when they all descend en mass on San Diego. We don't get our town back until September.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
Homer Simpson said:
I would rather have our cold (cause we don't get that cold here) in winter than AZ heat in summer.
Enjoy your ride.
ha ha...Southern cal...the best of all worlds

within one hour...beach, lakes, surf, moutains, deserts, skiing, forrest...whatever

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Noooo.......

While winter training can be a challenge sometimes, I love thigh deep back country powder turns and the fresh, clean air here in Santa Fe - so crisp on a winter night it's as if someone poked holes through an opaque layer of paint over a white neon tube, er, or something, making it seem like the whole universe full of stars is just overhead.

As a freaky ass early a.m. person, I can see living in AZ as I have no problem getting out by 5AM for a nice big ride before work. As someone who is used to the above mentioned clean air and readily accessable (by bike) trails, I can't, however, see living in this:

Anyhow - looking forward to Old Pueblo in February!

·
Registered
236 Posts
True that

glenzx said:
As someone who is used to the above mentioned clean air and readily accessable (by bike) trails, I can't, however, see living in this:

Anyhow - looking forward to Old Pueblo in February!

This is what it looks like today - NASTY $#%& isn't helping my asthma.

I was driving to work and couldn't see Camelback Mtn from the 101 (Pima freeway). I've been here 16 years and every year it's more people, more houses, more cars, and more pollution. I'm looking to get out this year if I can. Now if I can just hit that lottery.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't hate you, I'm riding still too. And our summers never get above 100 degrees.

·
Cheney for Sith Lord '08
179 Posts
No hate on this end.Just don't bogart all the joy:it's great to have a fresh source of trail pics during the winter (hint,hint...nudge,nudge...that goes double for the crew down in Mexico ;) ).Ditto on what glenzx said too.The air here today,even in Albuquerque,is crystal-clear and a real pleasure to huff and puff up the hills,if such a pleasure is possible.Sure,it's cooler than next door in Az,but hardly unbearable as long as you're ok with the wind.I went up to about 6500 feet today on a 4-hour ride with hardly a sniffle to speak of.The only time I DO hate Az is when we have to breathe in your wildfire fumes during the dry season.Ride on....and keep the pics coming, ya selfish bastiches!!! :p
p.s.-on the Az vs. SoCal thing,I personally will take 10000 degree summers over $10000 a month for rent any day...at least summer goes away.I'm not counting Scottsdale prices though...that's just obscene.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Lol

Anytime you get too big fer yur britches, just brag on this forum. It'll snap you back. No matter how much you love where you live, there are at least twenty other Mother Fathers, who love where they live at least as much. I'll be in Az, in March. Can't wait.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Socal

Homer Simpson said:
I would rather have our cold (cause we don't get that cold here) in winter than AZ heat in summer. While it get up to and over 100° F in AR in summer, it's not like AZ heat. I got a friend who moved to AZ and says he has to ride in the a.m. during summer to be able to ride. Course, lot's of people here ride in the a.m. in summer to avoid the heat. But still, 72° F would be nice in winter sometimes. Since we get very little snow anyway, at least 72° F would keep the ice storms away.

Enjoy your ride.
We get 70 F sunny clear weather MOST OF THE YEAR! Dispite people always complaining about the usual LA things (traffic, smog, crime, inflated prices on everything, illegals and etc...) we LOVE LA!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I spent three months in San Diego at MCRD and was amazed at the summer weather there. It never got hot, in AR during the summer it goes to 100° F regularly. And I remember being cold while at Camp Pendleton during the night (June or July) thinking it's about 80-90° F back home at night.

Yea, So. Cal weather is nice.

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
why would I hate you Zonies?

IBIKEAZ said:
I'll post some a link to the AZ forum for some 72 degrees riding pics from this weekend.... Enjoy
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=1411849#poststop
when it's 9,000 degrees at 4 AM in August, it's a pleasant day of riding here in San Diego. And we have the 72 degree days all winter too!

I figure it can't be too bad living somewhere where all you Zonies come to summer............ ;-)

YR

·
PITY THE FOOL!
288 Posts
Normally I wouldn't pile on, but...... AZ pails in comparison to San Diego, which is why half of the state ends up here in the summer. Yes, traffic can suck and housing prices are steep but I'll be fishing tomorrow morning on the pacific in shorts.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
good thought

having made it to 2 AZSFs, I love the trails and the folks are great, no...really great. But I have to say the traffic, smog, and general sprawl were not pretty. However, in the name of progress, we're mimicking those traits as fast as possible up here in the frozen north. :rolleyes:

Jim (moved to an island) C

1 - 20 of 29 Posts