Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

You lose a dog at Soquel Demo?

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Photo-John 
#1 ·
I found a lost, scared, and very hungry dog on the way out of SDF on 11/27. I put posters up all around the surrounding area but no one has called. Just a last chance inquiry for the rightful owner before we officially pronounce him a new member of our family. The 1st photo is the day we found him. After a bath, removal of 17 ticks, and regular food, he is getting quite comfy here:) as you can see by the photo from yesterday

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If i could have a dog

OGDHr said:
I found a lost, scared, and very hungry dog on the way out of SDF on 11/27. I put posters up all around the surrounding area but no one has called. Just a last chance inquiry for the rightful owner before we officially pronounce him a new member of our family. The 1st photo is the day we found him. After a bath, removal of 17 ticks, and regular food, he is getting quite comfy here:) as you can see by the photo from yesterday
I'd adopt him myself...and name him demo...

#4 ·
Good for you to take the furball in. Looks like a happy dog in the last pic.
Have you called animal services to say you've found a lost critter? We've temp adopted lost dogs twice but called into animal services with our contact information. Both time the owners went that route and were reunited. The poster thing didn't work in both those cases. Last time was last week with a 10 week old puppy. One happy reuinion with its family after being gone for a few days.

#5 ·
well

I have no idea if it's the same dog, but last summer I when I was first discovering demo, I went straight on Buzzards Lagoon (past the fire-road, past the single-track way up) and finally arrived at two big gates to two houses, on the left. A dog that looks like the one you found lived in the house behind the second gate, with some lady who was slightly hot and drove a truck.

#7 ·
called them all

wg said:
Good for you to take the furball in. Looks like a happy dog in the last pic.
Have you called animal services to say you've found a lost critter? We've temp adopted lost dogs twice but called into animal services with our contact information. Both time the owners went that route and were reunited. The poster thing didn't work in both those cases. Last time was last week with a 10 week old puppy. One happy reuinion with its family after being gone for a few days.
I took posters to all three vets on Summit Road and the Summit Store, called the County Animal Control and the Shelter in Scotts Valley. While I like the dog, it would be sad to keep it from it's rightful owner so I appreciate all the help.

#8 ·
OGDHr said:
I took posters to all three vets on Summit Road and the Summit Store, called the County Animal Control and the Shelter in Scotts Valley. While I like the dog, it would be sad to keep it from it's rightful owner so I appreciate all the help.
Looks like a Labherd.

#10 ·
You are very cool

OGDHr said:
OGDHr. I live in Santa Cruz and work in Scotts Valley. I will try to help by passing along your story. Again, you are very cool to help out an animal that was in need. By the way, the dog looks quite content in the second photo... I think he likes you ;)

#11 ·
scheckler said:
OGDHr. I live in Santa Cruz and work in Scotts Valley. I will try to help by passing along your story. Again, you are very cool to help out an animal that was in need. By the way, the dog looks quite content in the second photo... I think he likes you ;)
Did you happen to find any nurse's on the trail, we're missing a few. :D

#14 ·
scheckler said:
I guess it is time for another crash in Demo, then we will see if the nurses show up ;)
You talking about the flight nurses? I saw some guys hip explode out on the huge drop on Saw Pit and the helicopter came, along with flight nurses who appeared literally out of nowhere. They were very professional and pretty cute too.

#15 ·
madzane said:
You talking about the flight nurses? I saw some guys hip explode out on the huge drop on Saw Pit and the helicopter came, along with flight nurses who appeared literally out of nowhere. They were very professional and pretty cute too.
yeah those ones. its just an inside joke, but it fits. :D

#17 ·
Any news yet?

OGDHr said:
No way...covered some ground that day apparently.
We were going to the Mystery Spot because I figured the trails would be muddied/beaten up. The dog was down by Caldwell Gulch in the morning, if it's the same one. Wife was worried about it, looks like it found a new home.

Have you had a scan for a chip done yet? Most counties/vets carry the device to retrieve the owner data.

#18 ·
no chip

obi.one.speed.only said:
No way...covered some ground that day apparently.
We were going to the Mystery Spot because I figured the trails would be muddied/beaten up. The dog was down by Caldwell Gulch in the morning, if it's the same one. Wife was worried about it, looks like it found a new home.

Have you had a scan for a chip done yet? Most counties/vets carry the device to retrieve the owner data.
I took it by the vets office there on Summit Rd and they scanned it for a chip but no such luck. When I picked it up it was near the old landslide on Highland. I went to a few houses close by by nobody recognized it. There is one house down a gravel road there that nobody was home but it also looked like maybe no one lived there anymore. Anyway, he is all tucked in on my sons bed right now. If no one steps up and claims the old boy then he is welcome here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.