Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I started my ride yesterday, I rode up to a root that I always clear with no problem. It wasn't something that I would normally look at twice. I wasn't carrying any momentum, didn't lift the front of the bike, and just fell over - without unclipping.

Later in the ride, I lifted one hand to clear each nostril. Right as my hand reached my nose, I noticed an obstacle and my hand instinctively went back to the handlebar, but I tried to clear my nose anyway - leaving a some good wet snot hanging from both nostrils.

The good news is it really wasn't a bad day on the trail. The weather wasn't as hot as it has been, and I had a blast, as usual.

·
too cold to ride
1,130 Posts
Felt something land in my hair the other day. Thinking it was a twig, I reached up to get it out and then discovered it was alive. Then the a hole stung me and I wasn't even halfway thru the ride.

Toughed it out. Screw bees.

·
The White Jeff W
5,701 Posts
BigSharks said:
Felt something land in my hair the other day. Thinking it was a twig, I reached up to get it out and then discovered it was alive. Then the a hole stung me and I wasn't even halfway thru the ride.

Toughed it out. Screw bees.
Ya I got one up my shorts one day. Stung me on the leg. A-hole bees.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Wednesday evening riding and some unknown bug almost went into my eye. Landed right below the eye. Could not tell what it was, when I wiped it it was a black smudge.

·
It is what it is.
145 Posts
Lawson Raider said:
Wednesday evening riding and some unknown bug almost went into my eye. Landed right below the eye. Could not tell what it was, when I wiped it it was a black smudge.
That's why I wear protective eyewear.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
Ride four wheeler trails in a hunting club behind my house during the summer (NOT HUNTING season) and always hit a lot of spider webs and finally one got up my shorts and left a nasty bite. Limped for a couple of days.

·
Registered
267 Posts
At the trail head with the guys and rip a big fart, long, loud, and proud and $&*% yer baggies.
Not that that has ever happened to me....

·
Registered
269 Posts
I tried to climb over a rock and got my front tire over the top, but I hit the rock with my pedal. I hit the root, immediately after the rock, with no momentum and my front tire washed out. This resulted in my falling to the downhill side of the trail and sliding 10ft down a pea gravel hill. Now my right leg looks like hamburger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts