Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know you're getting old when your wife says "hey, let's go to the mall and walk" and you think "sure, it's 20 degrees outside and I don't feel like getting dressed for a ride. On the plus side, I was riding with a guy on the commute home who was riding a nice road bike. At one light he mentioned how "I could ride that fast on a mountain bike when I was your age too." I thought he looked younger than me so I asked how old he was. By my math, he's 9 years my junior. Add that to the 1.3" difference in tire width and I feel pretty good about the ride.

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
You know you're getting old when......
......you find yourself reading these sorts of posts to check for symptoms! ;)

Take care and have fun however you get dirty,

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
You know you're getting old when you fart and sawdust comes out of your ass.
What are you, a freakin' beaver? Try to drink some water with your wood. Sheesh, talk about fiber intake.

You know you're old when a younger lady states Beck is sooo old and you reply with the question:"Are you talking about Jeff Beck the guitarist or '2 turntables and a microphone' Beck?" To which she replied, who's Jeff Beck?

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
You know your old when you think your old. I have 75 year old friends that move better and more skillful than me. Age is only a number.

·
GONE
25,564 Posts
You know you're getting old when you start this duplicate thread not realizing that one like it has already been going on here on a different page for months. :)

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
You know you're old when ... uh... what was the question?

Actually, I've been doing that since I was 30.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts

Actually, I've been doing that since I was 30.
Oh man... No kidding. I'm getting bad with that stuff. And my eyes are changing. At least I still have hair.

·
Registered
437 Posts
dbhammercycle said:
You know you're old when a younger lady states Beck is sooo old and you reply with the question:"Are you talking about Jeff Beck the guitarist or '2 turntables and a microphone' Beck?" To which she replied, who's Jeff Beck?
Where's the damn LIKE button!

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
In addition to that have noticed that my mind wonders when engaged on a conversation, no wonder my wife tells me that I don't listen to her.

Also, when you need to repair something and the first thing you do is look for glasses so you can see what you'll be working with.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Well, I was going to post a reply yesterday. I think it was quite witty.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
50 in August.

I no longer bounce.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts