Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
screampint said:
You put on your mini skirt for a night out and find a presta valve adapter in the pocket.

That's all, made for a good chuckle at the restaurant.
Or when you find a tire lever in your elegant suit pocket ...::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
How do you like those levers, btw? I'm skeptical, but have yet to try 'em.

Oh, um, you know you're a cyclist when you look at pictures of bikes at 10 PM after working in a bike shop all day. Obsessed? I prefer "passionate."

·
May The Force Be With You
2,629 Posts
... when you paid more for your bike then you did your car...

·
I like Squishy Bikes
1,101 Posts
or

screampint said:
You put on your mini skirt for a night out
and find a presta valve adapter in the pocket.
That's all, made for a good chuckle at the restaurant.
or when you're on the way to your nephew's wedding and
you realize you forgot your brown socks for the brown tux (yes BROWN!).
So you have to wear what you have on...
grey & green Dirt Sweat & Gears socks (made by Swiftwick :thumbsup:)
Good thing the pants were a tad long :D

Attachments

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
When the tan on your legs has a sock line and the tan on your arms has a glove line complete with tanned circle where the Velcro strap leaves a little skin exposed.

Lets not mention the strap line from the helmet too ;-/

Every time I got swimming somewhere my non riding friends will say “Hey Steve! You forgot to take your white shirt and socks off!!”

Farmer’s tans – they’re a fashion statement.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I'm starting to think that this thread would be better with pics of said mini skirt being worn.

·
Registered
645 Posts
When you are driving and you are trying to see what bike the individual is riding across the street, and your girlfriend slaps you and tells you to stop checking out the HOT chick on the bike. :cool:

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Luckily I have enough sleeveless jerseys and tanks to offset the farmers tan on the upper arm, but I always have the tell-tale Camelbak swathe of white down my back!

I'm going out on the river tomorrow, that may change a few lines. Of course, I'll still have a pfd on.

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
screampint said:
Not so exciting...

All my mini skirts have to be at least as long as my bike shorts, to cover up the tan lines.
LOL

Exactly! My wife also sometimes gets embarrassed when I wear flip-flops. At times in the season my sock lines are that bad.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ska! said:
LOL

Exactly! My wife also sometimes gets embarrassed when I wear flip-flops. At times in the season my sock lines are that bad.
River trips help that problem.

Of course, then you have the Chaco sandal line and then the sock line, but at least the sock line is faded.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.