Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will be the next real improvement for mountain bikers, well, many of us?
What will be the next bullshit that will catch on?
The winner will get a brand new automatic Ecrystal ball.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i see the updatable...
for a mere 9$ daily fee your brand new top of the line . . . .
will stay current.
Yes you will not need to sell it next month when it will be
just old ****.

·
Fat and bouncy
552 Posts
Unbreakable inner tubes made from Graphene - I've got carbon inner tubes yeh!

12 speed cassettes are just so yesterday - we NEED more cogs - not range just gears

Someone on Kickstarter will reinvent the front derailleur but as a high end must have option

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,828 Posts
Not sure what the next improvement will be but I can tell you where the next stupid trend/standard will come from... Sram forcing a new standard into the market. First hubs, then crank spindles/BB's.

That and mullet bikes will sort of catch on only to die a quick death. Stupid trend. Hopefully it dies before it even gains momentum, and never gets outside the enduro scene.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That and mullet bikes will sort of catch on only to die a quick death. Stupid trend.
I don't get the hate towards the mullet bikes. It makes sense to me for enduro and downhill racing.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I think gearboxes will be the next useful thing to change on. (hoping there is a rebirth of 26in bikes though).

BS: electronic shifting or another hub standard.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
I also predict this. Soon your new excuse for bailing on a ride is "My dropper/drivetrain/shifter/etc. battery is dead."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My boss had this happen the other day. He forgot to charge the batteries and had to swap the one from the derailleur to the dropper for the descent.

I hope the next thing is a breakthrough in tire technology.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,131 Posts
1. Shocks that can be factory serviced either locally (LBS) or remotely with a 48hr turn around.
2. Sooper Boost (which I think is 151-153mm spacing).

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
Improvement- mullet bikes

The best solution when you need to make a S- XL size run.

nonsense- gearboxes

Derailleurs are superior. Gearbox is tomorrow's plus tires; nobody will want them once they're widely available.

·
Cycologist
10,345 Posts
Return of the front derailleur but controlled by electronic shifting so still only a shifter on the right side that controls both front and back as needed. Does that already exist? Not something I want btw.

I could see mullet bikes being something the industry tries to push as the next big thing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.