1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
senna said:
Wow that would be cool (cold).:D
They wouldn't close it would they?
the trails no, the roads yes if we start getting accidents [and we will] until Caltrans gets the plows and sanding up to speed

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I was planning on hitting grant ranch. should have some snow for sure and the road is usually closed only above the park.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sucks to be you guys right now!!!!
I made a run for the sun..........

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
sanjuro said:
The question is, are you ready to DRIVE to the Gap?
Sounds like FUN!!! I gotta test out my new baby (mine is grey)
Quattro Power!!!!

·
(Ali)
782 Posts
sanjuro said:
The question is, are you ready to DRIVE to the Gap?
Good question. My high performance tires were horrible when I took my daughter to see snow a few years ago. That is probably the reason for the definite crashes when it snows. California tires have no grip on snow.

A better plan would be to park down, close to the intersection of Redwood Gulch and Stevens Canyon Road and pick one of the following "warmup"s >:)

a) ride up Redwood Gulch and HW9
b) ride up Table Mountain and Charcoal Grade
c) ride up Grizzly Flat and (Long Ridge, which is highly likely to be closed; or HW35)

Ali

·
Registered
744 Posts
Rex_Skidmore said:
Looks like a certain shore of a certain Hawaiian isle

HERE's the trail conditions.

Nope - half a continent away from Hawaii! Although I reckon a ride in the snow could be quite fun and challenging! Nah - I will just stay on the beach a little longer!
-S:thumbsup:

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
Buzz, how did you get that point forecast?

Patty

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
pisket said:
Good question. My high performance tires were horrible when I took my daughter to see snow a few years ago. That is probably the reason for the definite crashes when it snows. California tires have no grip on snow.i
aww come on riding in the snow on performance tires is fun

now whats not gonna be fun is when i try to take my 2wd truck up to tahoe in a few weeks if we get some damn snow

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
^you should try it in a mid-engine rwd sports car! my other option is a 2wd 4runner, and it will have to do when winter in tahoe calls.

·
Registered
49 Posts
guys i was up their at long ridge last week but i noticed that grizzly is closed. Does it mean that backpack, indian and canyon trail is closed too?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
10am Saturday conditions

35* with a 10mph wind, scattered showers. We had a light snow dusting at Castle Rock at the 3000 foot level and frost down to 2000'

brrrrr but nice, if you can deal with the cold the trails should be nice and tacky:thumbsup:

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
I'm planning on heading up that way tomorrow morning, starting early from san jose.

as long as it dosn't really get below 25* or so I think I'll be fine....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts